Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken for #MultiCookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
This is a fabulously easy and delicious creamy peanut saucy chicken dish. It's very mild in flavor - add a dash of red pepper flakes if you want a touch of heat. Stir in some cilantro if you like that flavor as well, as another option.
This is cozy and comforting - tender pasta, juicy bites of chicken, lots of tasty vegetables! You can add an element of crunch with a sprinkling of peanuts over the top (which I would have added if I had any)! I loved that this was so hands off - the crock pot makes short and easy work of this hearty and filling meal. Just boil some pasta when you're ready to serve, thicken up the sauce and you're ready to eat! I think you could double the veggies in this dish easily - I would definitely add more next time!
See what everyone is sharing today!
Recipes for Small Appliances
- Meringue Kisses in Toaster Oven from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken from Making Miracles
- Beef Barbacoa Tacos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Chicken Ragu - Instant Pot from Food Lust People Love
- Ropa Vieja in the Slow Cooker from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- How to Cook Jowar/Sorghum in Instant Pot from Magical Ingredients
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 small zucchini, diced
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 red bell pepper cut into thin, long strips
1 TBS lime juice
1/2 - 1 TBS cornstarch mixed with 1 TBS water
chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
12 ounce linguine or fettuccine noodles
- Combine the minced garlic, peanut butter, broth, diced chicken, diced zucchini, soy sauce, sugar, and diced red bell pepper in a crock pot. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir after about 1 hour to blend the peanut butter into the broth.
- Stir in the lime juice once cooked.
- If sauce is thinner than you would like, combine about 1/2 TBS cornstarch (use the full TBS if sauce is very thin) with enough water to form a paste. Whisk the paste into the peanut butter sauce and allow to cook until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Cook the pasta per package directions, drain and stir into the chicken and sauce. Serve garnished with peanuts if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic