Barbecued Strawberry Chicken for #FoodieExtravaganza
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays by cooking and baking together with the same ingredient or theme each month.
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board!
Kelly from Simply Inspired Meals invited us to share strawberry dishes with you today! She said: May is National Strawberry Month. Join us in creating recipes featuring strawberries as the star!
This was absolutely delicious! The balsamic in the barbecue sauce with the texture and sweetness of the strawberries work together beautifully. This is perfect over some pasta, or served alongside your favorite veggies. The onions practically melt in your mouth!
See all of our strawberry kissed dishes!
Barbecued Strawberry Chicken From Making Miracles
Fresas con Crema From A Day in the Life on the FarmKorean Strawberry Milk From Tara's Multicultural Table
Simple Strawberry Vodka From Food Lust People Love
SOP Mocktail From Sneha's Recipe
Strawberry Marshmallows From Karen's Kitchen Stories
Strawberry Shrikand From Magical Ingredients
Vanilla-Macerated Berry Shortcake From Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Barbecued Strawberry Chicken
2 tablespoons canola oil
2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 medium finely chopped red onion
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup honey
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat 1 TBS oil in a large oven proof skillet (or Dutch oven). Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and sear until browned on both sides in the skillet. Remove chicken and set aside to rest on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and sauté the onion until it begins to caramelize and become tender. Add in the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Stir to blend and bring to a low simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Nestle the chicken breasts back down into the sauce, and place uncovered in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until they reach 165 degrees internally (cooking time will depend on thickness of the chicken).
- Add the fresh strawberries to the sauce and give a gently stir. Serve chicken with sauce and strawberries spooned over the top.
What a great take on this month's theme! Fruit sometimes makes the best sauces in savory dishes.ReplyDelete
This sounds like an amazing bbq sauce. Can't wait to try it.ReplyDelete
Looks super delicious!ReplyDelete
Such a wonderful combination of flavors! I especially love the addition of the strawberries and balsamic vinegar. Yum!ReplyDelete
Strawberries and balsamic is a great combination and this is an amazing dish with perfect flavors. Excellent recipe.ReplyDelete