Umami Bomb Tomato Sauce #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- Umami Bomb Tomato Sauce from Making Miracles
- Steaks with Gouda Sauce from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chorizo Chickpea Tomato Pasta from Food Lust People Love
- Fried Chicken Wings - Korean Style from Sneha's Recipe
- Umami from the Sea: Sea Palm-Kale Salad and Uni Handrolls from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Patatas Bravas from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Easy Vegan Pad Thai from Cook with Renu
Sunday Funday: Recipes with Umami
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and boil pasta per package directions to your desired tenderness. Drain pasta once tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic, simmering for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and tender, but not browning (adjust heat if it's cooking too hot).
- Add in the canned tomatoes and the soy sauce. Bring to a low simmer and cook 15 minutes. Use the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher to break up the canned tomatoes after cooking to for a slightly thickened chunky tomato sauce.
- Taste, and adjust the flavors if desired.
- Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and stir gently to evenly coat the pasta
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh black pepper and parmesan cheese.