Beet Salad with Goat Cheese #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
For today's lovely Sunday gathering, Mayuri invited us to "Use beetroot or beetroot greens in a dish of your choice. Can be anything from a starter to a dessert... just make sure beetroot is one of the main ingredients."
Oh how I love goat cheese and beets together! They're just so lovely together. Of course, I don't know that there's much I wouldn't eat goat cheese in. I am definitely a fan.
This salad combines creamy, tangy, crunchy, sweet, and crisp together for an absolutely fabulous appetizer salad, or add grilled salmon or chicken for a perfect and beautiful entrée. I love how quick making candied nuts is with just a hot skillet and a little bit of maple syrup - and they add such a wonderful texture and flavor in this dish! I keep walnuts, almonds, and pecans in my freezer all the time - do you store your nuts in the freezer too? They seem to last forever in there!
Let's see what we're all sharing with you today to celebrate the Beet!
- Beet Hummus with Goat Cheese from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese from Making Miracles
- Beetroot Vadafrom Mayuri's Jikoni
- Easy Pickled Beets from Food Lust People Love
- Ginger Beetroot and Celery Juice from Cook with Renu
- Kubbah Selek - Semolina Dumpling and Beet Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Laal Sabzi /Beetroot Sabzi from Sneha's Recipe
- Roasted Beet Ricotta Gnocchi with Wilted Beet Greens from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Beet Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
1 (10 ounce) package mixed baby salad greens
1 14-oz can of beets, drained and diced into strips
2 ounces goat cheese
1 Fuji apple, diced
⅓ cup chopped walnuts
3 TBS maple syrup, divided use
3 TBS orange juice
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and lightly toast the walnuts or pecans for a couple minutes, stirring a few times to prevent burning. When lightly toasted, add in 2 TBS of maple syrup, rotating the skillet to coat the nuts. Turn off the heat and set aside. Allow nuts to cool and syrup coating to harden,
- Arrange greens on a platter, sprinkle diced beets, apple, and goat cheese over the greens.
- Blend dressing by combining: orange juice, balsamic, olive oil, 1 TBS maple syrup and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl and whisking to blend and emulsify. Taste, adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Sprinkle the cooled nuts over the salad, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Donna on AllRecipes
SO many beautiful beet recipes today. I wish I had more than three in my fridge. I want to try them all, especially this salad. Thanks for sharing, Rebekah.ReplyDelete
I love how colorful and bright the salad is Rebekah!ReplyDelete
So colorful and tempting. I love beet salad but haven't tried pairing it with goat cheese. Definitely going to try out with some good quality goat cheese.ReplyDelete
I do keep my nuts in the freezer. Every once in a while I let Frank out for air......Hahahaha....I kill me!!!ReplyDelete
It's 10:36pm and I am cracking up out loud!! :D Thank you for that Wendy!! LOL!Delete
Such a healthy way of adding beet to your diet. The complete salad is just wow and so refreshingReplyDelete