Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus #BakingBloggers
This month, our theme is baking with asparagus! There are many ways you can go with this one - and I can't wait to see what everyone else is sharing today.
I went super simple, and super tasty with some deliciously tender garlickly roasted asparagus coated in a layer of gooey mozzarella. This is a terrific way to change up a basic roasted asparagus dish - which we LOVE and enjoy fairly often around here. Roasting vegetables is definitely one of my favorite ways to prepare them - especially when you add CHEESE!
Come see all of our delicious asparagus dishes!
- Pancetta and Asparagus Tarts by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Asparagus and Ham Quiche by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus by Making Miracles
- Goat Cheese Chicken with Asparagus by Palatable Pastime
- Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche Tart by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Garlic Browned Butter Parmesan Roasted Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Asparagus With Cheese Sauce by Sneha's Recipe
- Minty Roasted Asparagus Vegan Pesto by Magical Ingredients
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
1 pound asparagus spears, woody ends removed
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS minced jarred garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3/4-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lay out the asparagus on a baking sheet and sprinkle the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper over all. Gently toss to coat evenly, then spread the asparagus back out so they are evenly spaced and not overlapping.
- Bake in the preheated oven 12-15 minutes, until tender (depending on the thickness of your asparagus, if you're using the very thin ones, check earlier at about 8-10 minutes).
- Sprinkle the roasted asparagus with cheese, and turn the oven to broil. Return to the oven for about 4 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly golden. Watch carefully and remove if it's browning faster than that.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites