Mile High Salsa Pie #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- 7 Layer Dip by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Celery Rhubarb Pico de Gallo by Cook with Renu
- Homemade Smooth Taco Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Mile High Salsa Pie by Making Miracles
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Bellies with Cantaloupe-Preserved Lemon Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pico de Gallo: Classic Fresh Tomato Salsa by Our Good Life
- Pico de Gallo / Fresh Mexican Salsa by Sneha's Recipe
- Roasted Jalapeño Salsa by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Salsa Pebre Chileno by Food Lust People Love
- Three Bean Enchiladas with Corn Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with the onion until tender and cooked through, season lightly with salt and pepper while cooking. Stir to break the meat up occasionally. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- When meat is cooked through and onion is tender, stir in the taco seasoning, minced chipotle peppers, water, refried beans, and salsa con queso. Add a little more water if your mixture is too thick (it should be fairly thick, but you should be able to stir / spread it).
- Lay 1 full tortilla, 1 broken into 2 pieces, and then one more half piece to cover the bottom of the baking dish (so 2 1/2 tortillas per layer). Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup of the salsa, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, repeat these layers 4 times with all remaining shredded cheese across the top layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered 20-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted throughout and on top. Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving suggestion: top with sour cream, diced lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc. if desired.