Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn for #BBQWeek
WELCOME to the third day of BBQ Week! I'm so excited to be joining a group of fabulous bloggers ready to help get you in the mood for breaking out the grill and firing up some hot and tasty eats. Be sure to follow our Pinterest board for more summer BBQ ideas. Thank you to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures and Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting the event.
Today I'm sharing a grilled corn recipe that I completely fell in love with. The grill adds a wonderful smoky flavor to the corn - and just look at all that good stuff it's covered in! Ranch, bacon, and cheese? How can you go wrong?!
This is a very messy side dish, but - in my opinion - completely worth it. And easy enough to do in a large batch so you can serve these up on a platter alongside your burgers, ribs, brats, etc.
Wednesday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn by Making Miracles
- Cowboy Beans by Devour Dinner
- Creamy Coleslaw Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Grilled French Fries by Palatable Pastime
- Memphis-Style Coleslaw by House of Nash Eats
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans with Bacon by Blogghetti
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Bacon and Cheddar Smash Burgers by Family Around the Table
- Easy Smoked Ribs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Greek Chicken Pita Sandwich by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- The Best Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Banana Bread with Vanilla Ice Cream and Homemade Caramel Sauce by Our Good Life
- Magic Chocolate Walnut Fudge by The Spiffy Cookie
- Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn
4 TBS butter, softened
1 tsp ranch seasoning
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 ears corn, shucked
1 cup shredded cheddar (or your favorite cheese)
3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Ranch dressing, for drizzling
- Spray your grill with nonstick cooking spray, and then pre-heat to medium / medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, ranch seasoning, and pepper, blending.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shucked corn.
- Arrange the corn on the grill, and cook about 3-5 minutes per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning. If they char quickly (thanks butter!) turn the heat down pretty low and let them continue cooking through over the lower temperature until they are cooked through.
- Once corn is cooked, sprinkle the cheese over the ears as best you can, and cover the grill lid again for a minute or two, until the cheese is melted.
- Place the corn on a platter, and sprinkle with the prepared chopped bacon and a generous drizzle of Ranch dressing!
Recipe adapted from Delish