Crispy Lemon Chicken for #LemonWeek
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons? Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
I am super excited to be sharing four new lemony recipes with you this week - I love cooking and baking with lemon. It's one of my very favorite flavors - it adds such a punch and brightens up any dish. Lemon poppy seed has LONG been a favorite quick bread of mine, and homemade vinaigrettes with lemon are always a go-to. Lemon juice finds it's way into many, many sauces and dishes that grace my kitchen and I can't wait to get some new ideas courtesy of all the lovely bloggers joining in this week to highlight the lemon!
This is a lovely chicken thigh recipe to have in your arsenal for a quick and easy meal that is full of fabulous lemony flavor, a lovely touch of herbs and extra "oomph" from the addition of white wine in the sauce. You could thicken the sauce and turn it into a gravy, or just drizzle the pan juices over the cooked chicken to serve for extra flavor. The sauce is really tasty and would be fabulous drizzled over some cooked rice or even mashed potatoes (or just some steamed veggies)!
Monday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Homemade Lemon Curd by Fresh April Flours
- Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon Dessert Sauce by That Recipe
- Chicken Picatta by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by SueBee Homemaker
- Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Lemon Blossoms
- Grilled Lemon Mojito by Our Good Life
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata by Our Crafty Mom
- Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka Spritzer by Our Crafty Cocktails
- Meyer Lemon Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shortbread Lemon Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Sticky Lemon Oregano Chicken Recipe by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice by Daily Dish Recipes
- Crispy Lemon Chicken by Making Miracles
- South Indian Lemon Rice by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and season them on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven, then sear the chicken skin side down first, about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Flip and sear the other side 7-8 minutes until browned.
- Move the chicken to the side and add the garlic to the oil / pan juices and saute until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add in the lemon juice and the wine. Sprinkle the thyme and oregano in.
- Move the Dutch oven to the pre-heated oven, and bake 20-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
4 chicken thighs skin-on, bone-in, trimmed of excess fat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (minced)
2 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS dry white wine
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)