Cherry Pie Bars for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
See all of our delicious fruit inspired treats for the day:
Boozy Nectarine Crumble From Food Lust People Love
Cherry Pie Bars From Making Miracles
Fruit & Chocolate Trifle From Sneha's Recipe
Lattice-Topped Apple Pie From Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping From Amy's Cooking Adventures
Mango & Vanilla Panna Cotta From Mayuri's Jikoni
Strawberry Fool with Meringue Topper/Base From Sid's Sea Palm Cookin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter with the sugar and salt for a couple minutes on high speed until lightened and creamy. Lower the speed and add in 1 egg at a time, until well incorporated (scraping down sides / bottom as needed). Add in the vanilla and almond extracts, and then on low speed add in the flour, just until combined.
- Spread about 2/3 of the pie batter onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spreading with a spatula or fingers to evenly coat the bottom.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the top, spreading gently to evenly cover the base layer.
- Dot the top of the dish with remaining dough pieces, do not spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven 35-40 minutes, until dough is golden and baked all the way through.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool, combine all glaze ingredients in a bowl and blend until smooth. Drizzle the glaze all over the top, slice into bars, and serve!