Mediterranean Avocado Salmon Salad #FishFridayFoodies
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
Today Sue from Palatable Pastime invited us to share salads with seafood; she said: There is a wide range of salads you can make, either in or on the salad itself.
See all of our seafood in salads that we're sharing with you today!
Avocado and Shrimp Chopped Salad From A Day in the Life on the Farm
Mediterranean Avocado Salmon Salad From Making Miracles
Prawn 65 With Couscous & Braised Veggies Salad From Sneha's Recipe
Salade Niçoise From Karen's Kitchen Stories
Shrimp Salat on Toast Points Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
Soft Shell Crab & Shrimp in Quinoa Salad From Of Goats and Greens
Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad From Food Lust People Love
The Polarizing Anchovy + Egg Salad Niçoise From Culinary Adventures with Camilla
I adore recipes like this. They are simple, straight forward, come together quickly and easily, and oh they're fresh and tasty too! This recipe has a basic Greek salad build, with the addition of some avocado for an extra creamy element. The dressing is mild, with a tang from the lemon juice and vinegar. You could jazz it up if you want a stronger flavor profile. The star of the show with this recipe is definitely that delicious flaky salmon. I love, love salmon on salads. Most of the time I find I don't really need or want dressing, the salmon has so much moisture and is delicious without it!
Mediterranean Avocado Salmon Salad
Makes 4 salads
1 lb skinless salmon fillets
1/2 - 1 TBS olive oil
3 TBS olive oil
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
3/4 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
8 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1 large cucumber, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Combine the marinade / dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake, or in a small bowl and whisk until well blended and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Pour half of the marinade onto a plate or pie plate and place the salmon in the marinade, turning to coat both sides and allowing to rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with about 1/2 TBS olive oil (add more if needed, or if cooking salmon in batches).
- Pan sear the salmon, cooking about 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness), until browned and cooked all the way through.
- While the salmon cooks, divide the remaining salad ingredients among plates.
- Top each salad with a 4-oz piece of salmon, and drizzle with remaining dressing (if desired).
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites