Savory Cheesy Herb Waffles for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
Palatable Pastime: Hash Brown Waffles
Karen's Kitchen Stories: Liège Style Waffles
Food Lust People Love: Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
A Day in the Life on the Farm: Pumpkin Waffles
Making Miracles: Savory Cheesy Herb Waffles
Cooking With Carlee: Sourdough Waffles
Sneha's Recipe: WafflesWaffles
- Heat a waffle iron to high heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Whisk the buttermilk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Stream the melted butter in and whisk.
- Lastly whisk in: shredded cheddar, chives, and onion powder. Batter should be fairly thick and a little lumpy is ok.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and cook waffles per your waffle iron's instructions.
- Keep them warm on a cookie sheet in a 200 degree oven, or serve immediately (they won't stay crispy too long after they are initially cooked).