Slow Cooker Garlic-Parmesan Chicken for #OurFamilyTable
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "As more and more of us are going back into the office, super easy, delicious, and comforting recipes are a requirement! Pull out your slow cooker and create something delicious."
Welcome to #OurFamilyTable! We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! Come find us on our Pinterest board. Are you a blogger who's interested in joining the fun? Visit our group page and request to join!
I love slow cooker recipes! I use my slow cooker a lot, especially during the cooler months and absolutely to get a head start on dinner on a busy work day. Slow cookers come in handy for so many types of recipes. And ohhh this one is just delicious. Something about the way the chicken and mushrooms slow cook together infuses tons of amazing mushroom flavor into the sauce. It's creamy heaven!! I often cook chicken in the crock pot all day until it shreds - so this was a really cool experiment to cook the chicken a much shorter period of time, to where it still retained it's texture when sliced. It was incredibly moist and flavorful - I will definitely be making this recipe again and can't wait to try other iterations of cooking chicken in the crock pot like this!
Look at all of these DELICIOUS slow cooker recipes! I can't wait to try them all out soon!
Slow Cooking Suppers
- Pulled Pork Chili by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Asian-Style Pot Roast by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Chili by Art of Natural Living
- Slow Cooker Cottage Ham by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Garlic-Parmesan Chicken by Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sliders by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Pork al Pastor by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Vegetarian Chili Mac by Magical Ingredients
Slow Cooker Garlic-Parmesan Chicken
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless breasts sliced into 1/2 inch filets
2 TBS melted butter
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
16-oz sliced mushrooms
8-oz fresh spinach
1 cup evaporated milk
3 TBS flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spray a large, deep skillet or large pot with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium to medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes each. (This step is optional).
- Place browned chicken breasts in the crock pot, add the melted butter, minced garlic, chicken broth, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp salt. Sprinkle sliced mushrooms over the top. Cover and cook on high heat for about 2 1/2 hours. Check temp, chicken is cooked through at 165 degrees.
- Two options for completing the dish and thickening the sauce, depending on how much time you have. If you have the time, you can whisk the evaporated milk together with the flour and pour into the crock pot, stirring to blend. Cook for about 30 minutes and allow to thicken. If it's not thickening quickly enough, remove the lid and allow to simmer to thicken.
- Once sauce begins to come together and thicken, stir in the parmesan and spinach, submerging the spinach into the sauce. Once spinach is wilted, taste and adjust the seasonings in the sauce as desired.
- Alternatively - you can use the deep skillet or pot you used to brown the chicken to thicken the sauce. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and set aside on a plate, dump all liquid and mushrooms from the crockpot into the skillet / pot. Whisk the evaporated milk together with the flour and whisk into the mushroom / liquid until well blended / smooth. Bring mixture to a low boil until it thickens. Whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese and stir in the spinach, stirring occasionally until spinach is wilted. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve spinach / mushroom sauce drizzled over the chicken. Serving suggestion - serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Recipe adapted from 365 Days of Crock Pot
That sounds delicious. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer that would be perfect for this meal.ReplyDelete
I am here for the mushrooms. I love them in anything, especially the slow cooker!ReplyDelete
It looks delicious. That's a nice balanced plate.ReplyDelete
MAGS PREMIUM GIFTS SDN BHD We specialize in premium and corporate gifts printing (cenderamata korporat) , Welcome to custom made your own design on the gifts. Example: non woven bags, tshirt, lanyard, keychain, etc...