Cheesy Sausage and Croissant Casserole for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- Bean Cassoulet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheesy Sausage and Croissant Casserole by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Croissants (Pain au Chocolate) by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Croissants aux Amandes (Almond Croissants) by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Crescent Rolls by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Mardi Gras Cream Cheese King Cake Croissants by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Sourdough Croissants by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Yeasted Croissant by Sneha's Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the ground sausage with the diced onion in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat, until browned, and the onion is tender. Drain excess grease if desired.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped croissant pieces in the bottom of the casserole dish, and sprinkle half of the meat and onion mixture over, followed by half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layer with the last of the: croissant pieces, sausage and onion mixture, and shredded cheese.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture evenly and slowly all over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until the croissant pieces and cheese are golden on top and the eggs are set all the way through. Allow it to rest 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.