Healthy Easy Immune Boosting Smoothie #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
Today our #SundayFunday group is hosted by Wendy who said: "We are all happy to see 2020 in the past. Let's start 2021 off right by staying healthy and putting COVID in behind us. Post a recipe that will help keep your immune system strong."
Smoothies are an amazing way to jam pack a WHOLE lot of good stuff into a compact meal or snack any time of day. This particular combination is actually very mild in flavor - everything blends together and just has a slight tang from the Greek yogurt. If you want a slightly sweeter version, use regular or light vanilla yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt. I love keeping bags of chia seeds, flaxseeds, and hemp seed hearts in the freezer. They are a huge nutrition booster for smoothies like this one!
As with most smoothie recipes, this is just a base suggestion - mix and match depending on what you like best, and have available!
See all of our wonderful recipes to get your new year off to a great start!
- Baked Plantains (Plátanos Maduros Horneados) from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Caprese Stuffed Roasted Eggplant from Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Turmeric & Chia Seed Pudding by Sneha's Recipe
- Healthy Easy Immune Boosting Smoothie from Making Miracles
- Kadha (Spiced Herbal Drink) from Cook with Renu
- Lemony Chili Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Misir Wot (Ethiopian Lentils) from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Chicken with Greek Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Healthy Easy Immune Boosting Smoothie
3 cups frozen greens (spinach, kale, broccoli)
1 15-oz can pineapple chunks / slices
1 orange, peeled
1 kiwi, peeled
1 TBS hemp seed hearts
1 TBS chia seeds
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen berries (I used blueberries)
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup orange juice
- Combine all ingredients in a good quality blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste - adjust ingredients / sweetness with additional orange juice, etc. if desired.
- Divide into 3-4 cups and serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Feel Great in 8
Perfect way to start the day.ReplyDelete
Such a healthy way to start the morning off right!ReplyDelete
I just cracked open a new bag of chia seed yesterday and everyone is keeping me loaded with ideas. This looks great for breakfast.ReplyDelete
I'm so glad that it turned out purple despite all the greens! Much more appetizing!ReplyDelete
I love smoothies and mix and match things as needed. Love your combination and addition of hemp seeds here.ReplyDelete
Would like to start the day with this delicious and health packed smoothie!ReplyDelete