Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins #MuffinMonday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Are you a food blogger who is interested in joining and posting with our muffin loving group? Request to join our Facebook page - we'd love to have you!
These muffins are SO GOOD! My family devoured this whole tin in about 24 hours - and all of us had at least a few. They are incredibly tender, perfectly and lightly sweet, and those little bits of chocolate throughout give you a nice texture and flavor contrast. Mostly I couldn't get over just how incredibly moist and tender these muffins bake up. Pumpkin adds such incredible texture to baked goods!
I love making batches of mini muffins - because they bake for such less time, I feel like it's easier to keep the interior of the muffins tender, and they're poppable so you can just have a bite or two at a time. They're great sizes for little kiddos too, my daughter loved this batch!
See our delicious January muffin line-up!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup + 2 TBS vegetable oil
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a (24-well) mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk to combine and make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl combine: egg, sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Pour into the well in dry ingredients and whisk batter until just combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips just until incorporated.
- Divide batter into mini muffin tin (each well about 2/3 full).
- Bake in the preheated oven 11-13 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins are golden and baked through.
- Cool in tin about 5-10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack to complete cooling.
Recipe adapted from Dinner at the Zoo