Chicken Pot Pie Stew #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
Stacy from Food Lust Love People said: "One pot wonders are family meals that can be made in one pot or pan. This could be stove top or Instant Pot or even a sheet pan dinner. We are looking for tasty family meals created with as little clean up as possible necessary!"
This soup was so incredibly creamy and delicious! It made an absolutely delicious meal that we ate up in no time. It's packed FULL of veggies, fresh and frozen and you can easily sub things out based on what you have available in your refrigerator / freezer / pantry. Canned veggies would also work well in this tasty, hearty stew.
One pot, about an hour with prep time, and voila! Dinner is served. And if you prep the veggies ahead of time, you can have a meal on the table in about 30 minutes easily. Serve this with some tasty biscuits or rolls to sop up that delicious creamy base if you'd like.
See all of our delicious One Pot Wonder recipes for today!
- Arroz Caldo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken Pot Pie Stew from Making Miracles
- Indian-spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet from Food Lust People Love
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Malaysian-Inspired Chicken and Pork Curry from Palatable Pastime
- Mujaddara from Mayuri's Jikoni
- One-Pot Cauliflower & Cheddar Soup with Thyme from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Shakshuka from Sneha's Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roast Chicken and Potatoes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Chicken Pot Pie Stew
1 TBS olive oil
3 ribs celery, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 TBS minced garlic
2 TBS butter
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tsp salt, more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper, more to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken cooked and shredded/diced
1 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen corn
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium to medium high heat. Sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until they begin to become tender and caramelize - about 10 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté another minute. Season vegetables with a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper while cooking.
- Stir in the butter until it melts, and stir the flour into the veggies / butter until evenly distributed and veggies are coated.
- Add in broth and milk, stirring until well combined. Turn heat up and bring mixture to a simmer. Add in seasonings: turmeric, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir in the frozen veggies: peas and corn. Lastly, stir in the cooked and shredded chicken. Stir to combine and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Skinnyish Dish
Loving the big chunks of vegetables in this stew. It looks absolutely wonderful.ReplyDelete
Deliciously creamy chunky veggie stew!ReplyDelete
This looks SO filling and tasty! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
I knew I would like this dish just from the name! Another bowl of comfort food.ReplyDelete
Looks so good. I would definitely serve this with biscuits. Perfect comfort food for a winter day.ReplyDelete
This sounds delicious. I love anything chicken pot pie, and your stew sounds easy peasy!ReplyDelete
You're so right...this would be a great recipe to use up whatever bits and pieces are hanging out in my fridge! Great idea!ReplyDelete
That ohs definitely a pot full of vegetables and so creamy. Perfect for a lazy Sunday meal.ReplyDelete