Chicken Pot Pie Stew #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- Arroz Caldo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken Pot Pie Stew from Making Miracles
- Indian-spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet from Food Lust People Love
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Malaysian-Inspired Chicken and Pork Curry from Palatable Pastime
- Mujaddara from Mayuri's Jikoni
- One-Pot Cauliflower & Cheddar Soup with Thyme from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Shakshuka from Sneha's Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roast Chicken and Potatoes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium to medium high heat. Sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until they begin to become tender and caramelize - about 10 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté another minute. Season vegetables with a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper while cooking.
- Stir in the butter until it melts, and stir the flour into the veggies / butter until evenly distributed and veggies are coated.
- Add in broth and milk, stirring until well combined. Turn heat up and bring mixture to a simmer. Add in seasonings: turmeric, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir in the frozen veggies: peas and corn. Lastly, stir in the cooked and shredded chicken. Stir to combine and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings before serving.