Roasted Salmon and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Do you want an absolutely stunning meal that's ready in a flash? This beautiful springy dish has you covered. I had made up this very tasty Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole recently, and we had about 1/2 a cup of Hollandaise sauce leftover. We were debating what to do with it when we realized there were 2 bunches of asparagus in the fridge and a couple fish fillets in the freezer leftover from this British Fish Pie.
This is such a lovely, elegant spring meal! It would be a wonderful date night dinner, and is quick enough for a work day meal. Just a few ingredients and you're enjoying this beautiful dish in no time. I love sheet pan cooking - it makes clean up an absolute breeze. Use some foil, and you'll pretty much just have plates and forks to wash up afterwards.
Roasted Salmon and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce inspired by Real Simple Good
2 (6-oz) salmon fillets (thawed if from frozen)
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS butter, softened
1 tsp dried dill
salt and pepper
~ 1/4 cup prepared hollandaise sauce (I used this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine softened butter and dill in a small bowl. Spray a little nonstick cooking spray down before placing fillets on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper; divide the prepared butter between the two, smearing to cover the fillets.
- Bake fillets for 5-10 minutes in preheated oven (depending on thickness - mine only needed 5 minutes with the additional 10 after the asparagus was added). Remove baking sheet from the oven.
- Lay asparagus on the baking sheet, drizzle and toss in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender, and fish fillets flake easily.
- Plate with a layer of asparagus placed underneath a fillet of salmon, and drizzle warm hollandaise over all.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)