#MulticookerMonday ~ Instant Pot Creamy Broccoli Mac N Cheese
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
Today I a sharing a super creamy and delicious cheesy pasta dish studded with tender broccoli. My son could have eaten the whole bowl by himself I think! This is seriously classic comfort food, and works as a great 2-in-1 side dish that would be delicious next to many different entrees.
Multicooker Monday April 2020:
Recipes for Instant Pots, Slow Cookers, Sous Vide and More!
- Instant Pot Corned Beef with a BBQ Whiskey Glaze from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Beef Tacos from Palatable Pastime
- Easy Beef Stroganoff Pasta (Instant Pot) from Food Lust People Love
- Instant Pot Creamy Broccoli Mac N Cheese from Making Miracles
- Badshahi Chicken Legs - Air Fryer from Sneha's Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marbella from Karen's KItchen Stories
Instant Pot Creamy Broccoli Mac N Cheese from Damn Delicious
1 pound pasta, I used penne
4 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 TBS butter
4 cups broccoli florets
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup half and half (I used 1/2 cup 1% milk, and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream)
12-ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or use your preferred cheese, I used primarily Cheddar-Jack)
- Combine the pasta, butter, water, and 1 1/2 tsp of salt in the Instant Pot. Set to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.
- When cycle is complete, vent the steam. Add in all remaining ingredients except for the cheese and set the Instant Pot to saute. Stir regularly to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom, bring to a simmer and allow to cook about 5 minutes until broccoli reaches your preferred tenderness. Stir in the cheese until melted. Taste test and adjust the salt, pepper, and garlic to your preference.
- Serve warm and enjoy!