#OurFamilyTable ~ Breakfast BLT Sandwich
This month, Christie said: "April is BLT Sandwich Month. Let's go beyond the traditional bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Try duck, lamb, or even beef bacon. Maybe change up the bread and use some garlic bread. Or turn the sandwich into a pasta salad!"
I had breakfast on the brain obviously when I started thinking about this challenge - because I sure LOVE eggs with bacon and tomato, so I thought this would be a wonderful twist on the classic! And it didn't disappoint - that tender fried egg and rich yolk complemented the cool tomatoes, crispy bacon, and lightly crunchy toast so well! And you can say you got in some vegetables with your breakfast.
Come see all of our "beyond basic" BLT Sandwich ideas for today!
Beyond Basic BLT Sandwiches
- Breakfast BLT Sandwich by Making Miracles
- Everything Bagel BLT Sandwich by Cookaholic Wife
- Fried Green Tomato BLT by Palatable Pastime
- Grown Up BLT by That Recipe
- Lobster Roll BLT by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ranch BLT Chaffle Sandwich by Big Bear's Wife
- Salmon BLAT Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
Breakfast BLT Sandwich adapted from Natasha's Kitchen
makes 1 sandwich
2 slices bread
salt and pepper
2 slices bacon
1/2 - 1 TBS mayonnaise
2 slices tomato
1 - 2 romaine lettuce leaves
optional: 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Fry the bacon in a nonstick skillet. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain (if you have too much grease in the pan, drain off a little - you should have enough to lightly coat the pan). Fry your egg in the bacon grease, to desired "doneness" (yolk should be kept in tact, unless you prefer it hard). Season the egg lightly with salt and pepper while it cooks.
- Toast your bread while the egg finishes frying.
- Spread desired amount of mayonnaise on both halves of the toast, then assemble the sandwich. Layer your fried egg, bacon, tomato, and lettuce (and avocado if using). Top with the 2nd piece of bread, slice in half, and enjoy!