#ImprovCookingChallenge ~ Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad
For April's #ImprovCookingChallenge we were given the ingredients of Lemon and Lettuce to combine in a recipe. As usual, the options were endless but I definitely had salad on the brain. And I am a huge Greek Salad fanatic - and couldn't wait to try out a homemade vinaigrette.
Find our group on Facebook if you're interested in joining in the fun; Nicole from Cookaholic Wife hosts our group!
This recipe was absolutely fantastic - and I will use it again and again. You make one batch of marinade / vinaigrette and use half on the chicken, and reserve the rest for dressing the salads. The flavor is lovely with the tang from the vinegar, heavily infused with herbs, and perfectly accompanied by bites of salty kalamatas, cool tomatoes, bites of cucumber, avocado, and if you like feta definitely throw a little on top!
This was a really nice touch of fresh amidst all the uncertainty lately - a big beautiful salad is equivalent to self care for me!
Lemon and Lettuce
- Greek Meatball Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad by Pandemonium Noshery
- Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad by Making Miracles
- Falafel Layered Salad & A Bhatura Sandwich - A Combo by Sneha's Recipe
- Mixed Greens with Roasted Golden Beets and Lemon Vinaigrette by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado by Palatable Pastime
- Bitter Greens Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Green Salad with Pine Nuts and Lemon and Lemongrass Vinaigrette by Our Good Life
Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad from Cafe Delites
2 TBS olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 TBS water
2 TBS red wine vinegar
2 tsp parsley paste
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 - 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded, and washed
1 large cucumber diced
2 medium tomatoes diced
1 avocado sliced
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
1/4 - 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- In a small mason jar (or medium bowl) combine all marinade / dressing ingredients (except chicken). Shake the jar or whisk to combine. Pour half of the marinade into a Ziploc bag and add the chicken. Seal the mason jar, or pour the rest of the dressing from a bowl into a small tupperware and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble salads.
- Allow chicken to marinate at least a couple hours if possible (I let mine sit for about 3 hours).
- When ready to eat, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 TBS of olive oil. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Saute in a couple batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Brown on both sides until cooked through. Set prepped chicken aside on a clean plate.
- Prepare the salad by distributing the prepped lettuce between 3-4 large plates. Distribute the cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, Kalamata olives, feta cheese (if using), and cooked chicken.
- Shake the reserved dressing, and drizzle desired amount over each salad before enjoying!
I love main dish salads and now that the weather is finally breaking my taste buds get hungry for fresh, wholesome meals like this. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
I agree, I love main dish salad. Esp when they hit some many different flavors!ReplyDelete
Beautiful and filling salad, a perfect main course meal.ReplyDelete
This salad looks so hearty and flavorful! I'm a big fan of Greek flavors!ReplyDelete
I love this salad! We've been eating them a lot lately because we've been getting a lot of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers in our weekly produce boxes.ReplyDelete
This looks so colorful and delicious!ReplyDelete
So happy the weather is finally stabilizing enough to grill! This looks fantastic!ReplyDelete