#BundtBakers ~ Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
This gorgeous cake did not last long in my house at all! The chocolate cake base is just perfection. Such a deep chocolate flavor, and perfect texture and moistness. It was SO very good! Then you add in a creamy cheesecake layer and it was over the top.
This wasn't a fussy recipe at all - you can whip this one up anytime! Perfect to share with your family on a Thursday afternoon, or for company after a nice meal together. It is like your favorite pair of jeans - dress it up or down. You can sprinkle a touch of powdered sugar on top if you want it to look a little "prettier". I didn't think it needed anything else though!
Come see all of our "cheesy" bundts that we're sharing with you today!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake from Sally's Baking Addiction
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp espresso powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup full fat sour cream, at room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling hot water
Cream Cheese Filling
12 ounces full-fat cream cheese (1 1/2 bricks), softened to room temperature
1 large egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with baker's spray, set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl: flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil, eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Blend on low to medium until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the boiling water, until mixture is smooth.
- Pour about half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese by itself until it's smooth and lump free. Add in the remaining cream cheese filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Evenly distribute the cream cheese layer into the center of the batter in the bundt pan, being careful not to touch the sides of the pan. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
|Did someone say "CHEESE"??|