Catching up!

It's been a BUSY week! So much has happened. The quick run down:

On Wednesday, June 24, I had the endometrial biopsy in the afternoon. Dr. Kort was fantastic, and they were great about getting me in and out in record time (less than an hour from when I walked in the door, I was impressed)! The procedure was uncomfortable but ok and Rita stood at my side and told me what a great job I did. I breathed through it and it was over in no time, and they got what they needed. It was certainly less painful than a contraction, and about as long and that's what I compared it to! :) I was just doing my best not to MOVE during it and focusing. I was told to rest on the table for about 10 minutes afterwards and then get up and since I wasn't feeling too dizzy or anything I was able to get dressed and head on home!

Kent and I spent that evening packing up and getting the house as ready as possible for our Friday flight, I was very glad I didn't have any residual discomfort from the procedure since we had so much to do. We got pretty much all the packing and the major laundry/cleaning done that night and finished up on Thursday evening.

Friday AM the alarm clock went off at 5:45, so I got an extra half hour of sleep (but I probably stayed up later than normal). I was glad I got up early, even though I really would have loved another hour of sleep!! We had time to get the last of our stuff together, put it all in the car, load the dogs up and head out around 7:30. It took an hour to get the dogs dropped off a the two different locations (the vet didn't have room for all of them). Once that was done I actually started to feel excited about the trip!

We got to the airport without any issue and had a couple hours of waiting once we were there and at the gate. It was nice to not feel rushed at all! Kent had his movie to watch, and I read Twilight. Let me tell you... I have not been so sucked into a series in SO long... I can't remember the last time I could NOT put a book down like that one. I was DYING to finish it and get to the 2nd one, but I'd only brought Twilight with me!

We were met at the airport by one of my friends and off to the Great Wolf Lodge we went! It was WONDERFUL! The Lodge is awesome, I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great family vacation spot - for kids of all ages! We could have just stayed in the waterpark all day (well, I could have!!) Kent loved the arcade and next time I'll let him do the magicquest thing too - he would have enjoyed that (I gave him the option, but he chose to spend his money at the arcade). We spent the days at the park and hanging out and the evenings outside chatting (we only got told to quiet down once, that wasn't so bad)! :) We all stayed up way too late and I ate like crap pretty much the whole weekend and the scale agrees with me. Sigh, oh well... it'll come back off!

On Sunday, most everyone was heading out early so I was bummed I'd gotten such a late flight - and then it ended up leaving late too so Kent and I sat at the airport for over 4 hours (since we had to be dropped off around 3:00 by one of the ladies who had a vehicle when she headed out at 2:30). I am glad I got a ride though, I appreciated that - it was pretty pricey for a cab or shuttle and I know I already spent too much on the weekend, but it was worth it and a great time!

I finished Twilight while we were waiting at the airport and couldn't WAIT to read the next one - I actually started it when we got home at midnight (I already knew there was no way I was going to work as tired as we were with how late we got home) and I stayed up 'til the wee hours of the morning reading it. I slept in very late once I went to bed, and then started reading the next book in the series!! I stopped on my way home last night to pick up the 4th one (I got the first 3 for a birthday present, but not the 4th) and I stayed up late last night reading most of the way through that one, I should finish it tonight... and I'm already looking forward to reading them again. I can't stop shaking my head at myself... I really don't remember the last time I was so pulled into a book that I couldn't put it down! It is WONDERFUL to have time to read again though, and Kent didn't watch much TV yesterday (he was playing with his legos), so I had a nice quiet living room to sit in and enjoy my book in (not that I care if the TV is on, I'll read out there anyway, but I really enjoy the quiet time)!

I am going to make a list of books I want to read over the weekends with Kenneth gone and am really going to try to NOT stay up so late, I need to set a 10:00pm maximum so I can get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. I'm already adjusting to this 5-6 hours of sleep a night and know its not great for me.

Our summer schedule is filling up and I'm looking forward to each of the upcoming weekends, on the days we don't actually have a set plan I will be taking Kent to the pool and swimming with him, or to the park to play and have picnics - we're going to stay busy and I know the days will pass quickly; I want him to really enjoy his summer break and to enjoy the weather and getting to be outside in it.

We're joining Vicki's family of the first half of 4th of July, going to the lake with her parents and then I am not sure if Kent and I will have a night home and grill hot dogs and watch fireworks from our backyard or if we'll go to Marietta to watch them there... it gets SO crowded there and we usually can see a decent amount from our yard so I'm debating. I'll probably let Kent pick.

My period arrived a day early on Sunday (I kind of wondered if it would, figured the biopsy disturbed the lining enough that it might shed a little sooner than it would've otherwise, though its just a guess) - so I am scheduled for the last of my testing to be done next Tuesday the 7th. A blood draw for the last of my labs, a couple cervical cultures and the saline sono! Yay!! I'm going to check in with the attorney on the contract details and see where that stands. We're looking at about a month to start cycling and I would like to know where we're at on contracts since that can be pretty time consuming! :)

I guess that's my update!


  1. Maybe you will transfer close to me! I do the blood work and saline sono tomorrow, and then I think they said the cultures are either tomorrow or the 15th (my next appt) I think they are supposed to show me how to do the injections tomorrow too, since I should start meds on the 14th!!! Glad you had a good weekend, the kids are going to their fathers this weekends so I will be alone for the first time ever...I have never been away from them!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts