#TripleSBites ~ Creamy Herbed Garlic Pasta



With Valentine's Day just around the corner, the #TripleSBites (SPICY, SAUCY, SEXY) Bloggers have come together to bring you some mouthwatering recipes to plan your special meal for your loved one!



Today I am sharing a delicious Creamy Herbed Garlic Pasta, which would be a magnificent meatless entree, or serve it with some grilled chicken or shrimp, alongside a tender and juicy steak, or a lovely baked pork chop. The options are endless! I love this creamy recipe because it uses staple ingredients I always have on hand in my pantry and refrigerator. I don't usually keep cream in the fridge, and so many "creamy pasta" recipes call for that, so I was glad to see this version which uses a combination of milk and chicken broth as the sauce base.

I was sent some beautiful lightly dried herbs from Gourmet Garden, and this recipe features those lovely herbs - add seasonings to your personal taste / preference!


Creamy Herbed Garlic Pasta adapted from Lilluna

Ingredients
16-oz linguini pasta
1/4 cup butter
2 - 3 tsp Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic Paste
6 TBS flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 1/2 TBS lightly dried parsley
1 1/2 TBS lightly dried Basil
3/4 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
 
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add in the garlic paste. Cook the garlic for about a minute.
  3. Blend in the flour, whisking constantly, and cook for another minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and the chicken broth, continuously stirring. Increase heat if needed and bring the sauce to a simmer, continuously stirring, and cook until it begins to thicken.
  4. Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the herbs and cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until the cheese has fully incorporated, then add the pasta and stir to combine (or pour desired amount of sauce over pasta if you don't want to use the full amount).
  5. Serve immediately.

For the HUGE GIVEAWAY details - visit my Kick-Off Post HERE!

*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Gourmet Garden for the purpose of recipe creation and review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.




Comments

  1. We love pasta in this household as well. Great first post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Pasta pretty much goes with anything at our house - though I think we most commonly use it in some sort of casserole dish / lasagna. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Definitely - nothing quite like cozy, creamy pasta to leave you feeling comforted and satisfied! :)

      Delete
  3. Love me some pasta! Creamy garlic pasta?? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! :D I love pasta - creamy sauces make them even better!

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks amazing! My family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to try this one Amy! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a sucker for any kind of pasta. I'm drooling over how amazing this looks AND sounds!! Love Gourmet Garden products, too. So easy and versatile. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - very versatile products, and always such a great taste!

      Delete
  6. Their garlic is so fresh and awesome I can only imagine how great that sauce is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gourmet Garden pasta really does make a difference - love it!

      Delete
  7. My favorite way to enjoy pasta, butter, herbs, and yummy creamy happiness! Your recipe sounds so good! Yum, Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts