#TripleSBites ~ Salmon Cakes with Vinaigrette Pasta
Welcome to another day of #TripleSBites! The SPICY, SAUCY, SEXY bloggers have come together to bring you some mouthwatering recipes to plan your special Valentine's Day meal for your loved one between February 2nd though 9th!
Today I am sharing these delicious salmon cakes served on a bed of tangy, lightly sweet (and definitely sexy) Roasted Beet Vinaigrette Pasta. I loved this meal. The salmon cakes were tender, and lightly spiced from the delicious "Spicy Everything Mayo" from Intensity Academy, the pasta soaked up the beet vinaigrette, and the combination was perfect. Neither flavor overpowered the other, they just went well together!
For the HUGE GIVEAWAY details - visit my Kick-Off Post HERE!
If I had beet lovers in my house, I would have chopped some beets up and tossed those along with asparagus (which is also a no-no in my house) and maybe some gorgonzola with this pasta and called that a DELICIOUS meal (maybe with some diced grilled chicken too?) The options are endless. This vinaigrette is fabulous and has a lovely, earthy note to it that I really enjoyed. In any event, topping the pasta with a salmon cake was a safer option with my beet-adverse boys, so that's the route I went!
The salon cakes were delicious too - I loved the light spice the mayo gave them, and I will definitely be making them again soon and serving them as sandwiches (with MORE mayo!!) That was my son's idea - and I agree that it sounds fantastic!
Scrumptious Salmon Cakes adapted from Judiebug on AllRecipes
Ingredients1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 TBS Gourmet Garden parsley paste
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion seasoning
1 tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS Intensity Academy Spicy Everything Mayo
1 TBS olive oil, or as needed, divided
- Mix salmon, panko, parsley paste, egg, onion seasoning, seafood seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, and Spicy Everything Mayo together in a large bowl; divide and shape into four patties.
- Heat enough olive oil in a large skillet to cover the cooking surface over medium heat. Fry salmon patties in batches until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Repeat with more olive oil, as needed.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
8-oz tubular shaped pasta
6-oz (half a bottle) Out of the Weeds Roasted Beet Vinaigrette
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan (if desired)
- Cook pasta to desired firmness, or according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Pour vinaigrette over pasta and toss, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a serving of vinaigrette pasta on a plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Top with a salmon cake, and a splash of additional Roasted Beet Vinaigrette if desired.
An InLinkz Link-up
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from the #TripleSBites sponsors for the purpose of recipe testing and review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.