Biscotti Baby Shower ~ Green Tea Almond Biscotti

Biscotti Baby Shower


Today we are honoring the arrival of Tara's 2nd child with a twice baked cookie - biscotti! Tara blogs at Tara's Multicultural Table (please do yourself a favor and drop by if you haven't previously - the photography will have you drooling). I actually just spent the past month stalking Tara's blog, as I was lucky enough to have her as my assignment for February's Secret Recipe Club!


I knew when I heard we were doing biscotti that I wanted to use some of the green tea powder I recently received. I've already shared this smoothiethis smoothie, and these green tea cupcakes all of which I really enjoyed!


So, I began perusing Pinterest (like I do pretty much every single time I need to take an idea and turn it into a recipe). And lo and behold - guess who's recipe popped up on my radar? Tara's! So, what better way to celebrate Tara's new beautiful bundle of joy then to feature one of Tara's own recipes today.


When I was making this dough, I used a Danish Dough Whisk to incorporate all of the ingredients and I have to say how much I love this new kitchen tool! It works SO well for everything from cookie dough, to bread dough, to cake and brownie batter! If you love to bake, definitely check it out (see picture and Amazon link at the end of this post).

Find Tara around the web:
Blog: http://www.tarasmulticulturaltable.com/
Instagram: @taramctable
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tarasmctable/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TarasMulticulturalTable


This is a lovely biscotti - it cooked up perfectly crisped on the edges, but still tender in the middle. The matcha powder is strong enough to taste it, but not overpowering - it makes an EXCELLENT accompaniment to a cup of tea!


Find all the beautiful and delicious biscotti recipes shared today by bloggers from all over who want to honor Tara and her new addition!


Green Tea Almond Biscotti from Tara's Multicultural Table

Biscotti:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds

For topping:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon sugar (use coarse / turbinado sugar if you have it - I used granualted sugar)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or baking mat.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In a larger bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), beat the eggs for a minute or two, or until well combined and light in color;  mix in the melted (and slightly cooled) butter and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together then fold in the slivered / chopped almonds.
  4. On the prepared baking sheet, press the dough into a 12-inch long log, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle evenly with the sugar. 
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until firm and golden on the bottom, about 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool until able to be handled (approximately 15 minutes). Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees.
  6. Once able to be handled, use a serrated knife to cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices back on the baking sheet with the cut side down. Bake in the 275 degree oven until crisp on the bottom, 15-20 minutes. Flip the cookies onto their other side and continue to bake until the second side is crisped, another 15-20 minutes. 
  7. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in airtight container and enjoy within two weeks.



Comments

  1. When I saw your recipe title pop up I thought, Tara would LOVE green tea biscotti, how ever did you know? Then I noticed your SRC post Monday. How great that you actually used one of her recipes! I thought about doing one of hers, but knew there'd be NO WAY I could continue to keep the event a secret. ;-) Thank you so much for celebrating with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for including me - so much fun to not only make delicious biscotti but to celebrate Tara and her new baby girl too!!

      Delete
  2. Great little event for Tara's little event!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness yes it does make a perfect treat for tea. And I need to get one of those whisks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that whisk - perfect for everything you bake up! And thanks for stopping by Renee! :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice twist on biscotti, I am very fond of anything with green tea...

    This was such a fun event, glad so many accepted to participate, so many great biscotti recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun - I love seeing all the different flavors and combinations everyone made!

      Delete
  5. I love anything matcha! Thanks for sharing this. I will make some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning that I love anything with matcha too!! I hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  6. I love anything matcha! Thanks for sharing this. I will make some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed the green tea biscotti:) These were one of my favorite from my Christmas baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Tara - you are super mama to have time to go around and comment with a newborn at home!

      Delete
  8. How clever of you to make a Tara recipe! Wonderful to be at the "party" with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea to use one of Tara's recipes!! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect! I can't wait to enjoy one with some tea when I get home this afternoon. :)

      Delete
  10. I love the green tea in the mix, Rebekah! These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried matcha yet but with so many recipes, I have to try it soon. Your biscotti looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good stuff - I loved this biscotti, and a quick energizing afternoon shake is a go-to for me!

      Delete
  12. These look so neat! And the green is perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about that - but you are so right!! :) I should have put some Peeps in the background or something. :D

      Delete
  13. What a cool idea!! I love using matcha as an ingredient! These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I def need to get my hands on some matcha to try this! They look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Nicole - I love matcha!! (I have extra - I would gladly send you some if you want!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts