Biscotti Baby Shower ~ Green Tea Almond Biscotti
I knew when I heard we were doing biscotti that I wanted to use some of the green tea powder I recently received. I've already shared this smoothie, this smoothie, and these green tea cupcakes all of which I really enjoyed!
So, I began perusing Pinterest (like I do pretty much every single time I need to take an idea and turn it into a recipe). And lo and behold - guess who's recipe popped up on my radar? Tara's! So, what better way to celebrate Tara's new beautiful bundle of joy then to feature one of Tara's own recipes today.
When I was making this dough, I used a Danish Dough Whisk to incorporate all of the ingredients and I have to say how much I love this new kitchen tool! It works SO well for everything from cookie dough, to bread dough, to cake and brownie batter! If you love to bake, definitely check it out (see picture and Amazon link at the end of this post).
Find Tara around the web:
This is a lovely biscotti - it cooked up perfectly crisped on the edges, but still tender in the middle. The matcha powder is strong enough to taste it, but not overpowering - it makes an EXCELLENT accompaniment to a cup of tea!
Find all the beautiful and delicious biscotti recipes shared today by bloggers from all over who want to honor Tara and her new addition!
- Biscotti Bites from Nicole at I am a Honey Bee
- Blueberry Pecan Biscotti from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Biscotti from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Orange Biscotti from Amy at Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Green Tea Biscotti Cookies from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Jam-Filled Mandelbrot from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Maple Walnut Biscotti from Sally at Bewitching Kitchen
- Nut-Free Anise Biscotti with Chocolate Chips from Susan at The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Biscotti from Lynsey at Lynsey Lou's
- Parmesan-Peppercorn Biscotti from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tangelo, Date, and Almond Biscotti from Karen at Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spa Water from of Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
Green Tea Almond Biscotti from Tara's Multicultural Table
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
1 egg white
1 tablespoon sugar (use coarse / turbinado sugar if you have it - I used granualted sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or baking mat.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), beat the eggs for a minute or two, or until well combined and light in color; mix in the melted (and slightly cooled) butter and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together then fold in the slivered / chopped almonds.
- On the prepared baking sheet, press the dough into a 12-inch long log, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and golden on the bottom, about 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool until able to be handled (approximately 15 minutes). Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees.
- Once able to be handled, use a serrated knife to cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices back on the baking sheet with the cut side down. Bake in the 275 degree oven until crisp on the bottom, 15-20 minutes. Flip the cookies onto their other side and continue to bake until the second side is crisped, another 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in airtight container and enjoy within two weeks.