#SecretRecipeClub ~ Australian Sausage Rolls


Welcome to the February, Group D, reveal day for Secret Recipe Club (definitely one of my favorite days each month)! I hope you will take a moment to visit the  Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of bloggers who are given a "secret" assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day! I have been a part of SRC for quite awhile now (see my first post from 2/25/2013 here) and LOVE the opportunity to get to know another blogger a little better each month by spending time perusing their blog, reading through their recipes and posts, and finding something perfect for my family from what they've shared.


For this month's reveal day, I was assigned to Tara's Multicultural Table - and oh my goodness what a blog to browse and drool your way through! Tara's blog is jam packed full of GORGEOUS photography of mouthwatering dishes, ingredients and recipes that you can practically smell through the screen - and such a variety of dishes to choose from. Visit Tara's "About Me" page to see some photographs of Tara and her sweet family, and learn more about what makes Tara, well, Tara! In addition to caring for her family and making and photographing delicious dishes, Tara enjoys scrapbooking, reading, dance and travel. Tara was born in Japan, lived in Germany when she was young, and her husband is Filipino, so you can see why her culinary influences are so broad and international!


After getting to know Tara a little better, I hopped over to her beautiful recipe index. Where, oh where to start?! The dishes are broken down by continent as well as category. I started by continent. I oohed and ahhed over the Danish Oat Loaf, Fougasse aux Herbes de Provence, Macarons with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling, Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee, Berliner, Cioccolata Calda, Pancit Molo, Matcha Pound Cake, and the Bulgogi Ssam but ultimately I settled on the Australian Sausage Rolls.


I was drawn in by the ingredients, knowing these would definitely make both of my boys very happy - and knowing I had a package of puff pastry I'd bought and thawed recently that didn't end up getting used for what I originally planned it for. These were a big hit - I had to save two of them from the original batch so I could get pictures the next day and there was much grumbling! Then after pictures both Kenneth and Kent called dibs on the remaining sandwiches - so these definitely were happily received, and we will certainly be enjoying them again. I love that you can make these up in a large batch and freeze some, unbaked, then pull out and bake for an easy lunch or dinner when needed. Thanks for sharing this one Tara!

Australian Sausage Rolls slightly adapted from Tara's Multicultural Table

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage (mild)
1 large onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon "Red" seasoning
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, divided
3 sheets puff pastry, thawed

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, use your hands to combine meats, onion, garlic, dried herbs, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and 1 egg.
  2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or lightly grease. In a small bowl, beat remaining egg.
  3. Cut one pastry sheet in half. Near the edge facing you, form 1/6th of the meat mixture along the pastry lengthwise. The meat should be flush with the edges on the left and right. Brush the exposed pastry with the beaten egg. Roll up the pastry and place seam side down. Cut into 3 equal rolls and slice each top twice diagonally. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining pastry sheets and filling. Brush the tops with beaten egg. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink and tops are golden, about 20 minutes.
  4. Serve hot or at room temperature with BBQ sauce or ketchup.
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day from Lindsey - 16 months old!






Comments

  1. I love Tara's blog! Great pick this month. Happy reveal day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I think I could spend all day just looking through the pictures, so many amazing recipes to choose from!!

      Delete
  2. Tara has a great blog and this is a wonderful choice from her vast array of recipes. YUM>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - so many options to pick from! Thanks for stopping by this morning Wendy! :)

      Delete
  3. These are so interesting - just what I like in a SRC post. They sound delicious. Happy Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to branch out a little and try something you might not have even heard of before but that ends up being a family hit!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on TWO years with the group! awesome!

    your choice for this month is absolutely great, I would love to have some right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! Two years already - my the time does fly. :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, these look SO good! And I just discovered at a MOMS Club brunch last week that my little girl (20 months old) LOVES sausage balls, so I bet she would love these, too. We will definitely be giving these a try - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey liked the meat mixture too - though she's not a fan of sandwiches in general; I cooked some of the meat mixture up in spaghetti sauce and served it over pasta for her and she ate it up! I hope you get a chance to try and enjoy these! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE sausage rolls and these look amazing! Great SRC pick! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! We enjoyed them very much!

      Delete
  7. So glad you enjoyed the sausage rolls and thanks for such a wonderful write up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sausage and puff pastry...how can you go wrong?! These sound fantastic! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sound so tasty!! Fabulous choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These would be great to make ahead and save for lunches, like hot pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Tara's blog - and love this recipe. Great pick this month - it's the perfect comfort food :-). What a precious photo of Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look wonderful, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't ever made anything like this, but you made it look effortless. I'm on it !
    Wonderful SRC pick this month! Sorry it took me so long to get here to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts