Homemade Spice Cake Mix



This is the dry mix for a homemade spice cake that I used for these super yummy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Biscoff Marshmallow Buttercream for National Cupcake Day.

What I've included below is only for the dry mix - which you can then use as a replacement in any recipe that calls for a box of spice cake mix, or you can visit I Am Baker's website (linked below) and see the required wet ingredients to whip this up for a complete delicious spice cake! I think this mix works perfectly as a substitute and was very happy with how the cupcakes I made turned out. They had a great flavor to them.

I love that you can prepare this mix ahead of time and just keep it in your pantry, ready to go anytime you need a spice cake, or if you'd prefer to use a homemade version instead of a boxed version in a recipe, etc.

Homemade Spice Cake Mix from I Am Baker

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp allspice and 1/4 tsp ground cloves)

Directions
  1.  Combine all ingredients and use as a replacement in any recipe for a "box of spice cake mix" - or store in an airtight container and use at a later date.



Comments

  1. Oh, this is awesome! I had no idea this would be so easy to make. Apparently I haven't been needing to buy the boxed version, ha! =) Will definitely be using this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love finding homemade versions of convenience items like box mixes? I never even thought about it until I needed a spice cake mix that night, didn't have one, and went on the hunt for a homemade replacement! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Definitely - I've found a lot of "homemade" versions of things when I realized too late that I was out of something, and I like saving them here on the blog to make sure I remember what I used and what worked! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts