Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
March is "National Caffeine Awareness Month"! So I invited fellow Bundt Bakers to be very aware of caffeine and incorporate it into their bundt cakes however they so chose - tea, coffee, soda, espresso, etc.
Coffee and chocolate are so happy together - so I opted to keep it simple and make a coffee and cocoa heavy cake. And it did not disappoint! It's a wonderfully tender, moist cake with a punch from the Baileys / Kahlua and plenty of chocolate flavor to go around. I think next time I'd throw in a handful of mini chocolate chips too, just for fun. A Bailey's or Kahlua infused glaze drizzled over top would also be a lovely addition!
I took about half of the cake to share with Lindsey's swim group - we know everyone there well since that is my scuba shop as well, and any time I have an excess of baked goods I leave a little box of them in the coffee room after her Saturday swim class. I got a text from someone I know there later than morning saying the cake was amazing and she may or may not have eaten her fair share of what I left! I think that means "thumbs up" on this one! It's the perfect snack cake texture - and it goes wonderfully with a cup of hot coffee in the evening. Yum!
See all of our Caffeine infused Bundt Cakes today!
- 7 Up Bundtlets by Sweet Sensations
- Caramel Macchiato Mini Bundts by Magical Ingredients
- Coca-Cola Bundt Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Coffee and Baileys Individual Bundts by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Dirty Chai Mini Bundts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Espresso Chocolate Bundt Cake by Patyco Candybar
- Ginger & Lemon Green Tea Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Patty's Cake
- Marble Coffee Bundt by Sneha's Recipe
- Vietnamese Coffee Bundt Cake by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 ¾ cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup drip coffee (very hot)
½ cup Bailey's or Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and blend until well combined. Add in half of the dry ingredients, blend slowly, add in half of the hot coffee, remainder of dry ingredients, and remainder of the coffee. Blend in the Baileys or Kahlua last.
- When batter is silky and smooth, pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake 40-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the bundt pan 15 minutes, and then invert carefully onto a wire rack to complete cooling before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Vintage Kitchen Notes
|Lindsey doing a "fun jump" at swim class!|