Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers


BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.

March is "National Caffeine Awareness Month"! So I invited fellow Bundt Bakers to be very aware of caffeine and incorporate it into their bundt cakes however they so chose - tea, coffee, soda, espresso, etc.


Coffee and chocolate are so happy together - so I opted to keep it simple and make a coffee and cocoa heavy cake. And it did not disappoint! It's a wonderfully tender, moist cake with a punch from the Baileys / Kahlua and plenty of chocolate flavor to go around. I think next time I'd throw in a handful of mini chocolate chips too, just for fun. A Bailey's or Kahlua infused glaze drizzled over top would also be a lovely addition! 

I took about half of the cake to share with Lindsey's swim group - we know everyone there well since that is my scuba shop as well, and any time I have an excess of baked goods I leave a little box of them in the coffee room after her Saturday swim class. I got a text from someone I know there later than morning saying the cake was amazing and she may or may not have eaten her fair share of what I left! I think that means "thumbs up" on this one! It's the perfect snack cake texture - and it goes wonderfully with a cup of hot coffee in the evening. Yum!


See all of our Caffeine infused Bundt Cakes today!

Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake

Ingredients
1 ¾ cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 eggs 
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup drip coffee (very hot)
½ cup Bailey's or Kahlua

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and blend until well combined. Add in half of the dry ingredients, blend slowly, add in half of the hot coffee, remainder of dry ingredients, and remainder of the coffee. Blend in the Baileys or Kahlua last.
  4. When batter is silky and smooth, pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake 40-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
  5. Cool in the bundt pan 15 minutes, and then invert carefully onto a wire rack to complete cooling before slicing and serving. 
Recipe adapted from Vintage Kitchen Notes

Lindsey doing a "fun jump" at swim class!


Comments

  1. Coffee and Chocolate are a match made in heaven. Your cake is lovely. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee and chocolate are definitely an unparalleled match. I can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree that coffee and chocolate are perfect pairs. You cake looks delicious and moist. Thanks for hosting this month. I enjoyed being a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!!! I love coffee and chocolate combination. It looks so moist!!! I love it!! Thank you for hosting this great theme for March!!!! I had a lot of fun preparing my bundt!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and moist bundt, love the flavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best recipe ...
    Coffee and Chocolate 2 delicious ingredients!
    Your idea has been great, all the recipes are wonderful
    Thanks to you!!!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks super moist and this was a fun theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baileys or Kahlua? How to decide? I love them both! What a lovely cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is one good-looking bundt cake. I agree that chocolate and coffee do have a special kind of "it" factor in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts