Chocolate & Orange Madeleines for #BakingBloggers
Welcome to #BakingBloggers! Sue of Palatable Pastime and Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm have brought together some of their blogger friends to create #BakingBloggers - every month we have a general theme (such as pies, muffins, cakes, etc.) and we get to share any recipe we'd like.
For March, our theme is Madeleines and I was pretty excited to see that theme; why? Because I bought a pan... and I'm not even sure if I've used it once yet... because this is a problem bakers have... So I was ecstatic to have an excuse to pull out that beautiful pan and give it some love!
- Acorn Madeleines with Cinnamon Sugar from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate & Orange Madeleines from Making Miracles
- Chocolate Madeleines from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggless Rose Madeleines from Magical Ingredients
- Green Chile Cornbread Madeleines from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Key Lime Madeleines from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Madeleines from Sneha's Recipe
- Pistachio Madeleines from Karen's Kitchen Stories
If you love the combination of chocolate with orange, this is a must try recipe. The cookies come out like fudge-cakey-brownie bites. Infused with beautiful orange flavor and deeply chocolatey. They are slightly dense, and absolutely delicious. The perfect bite alongside a cup of coffee or tea!
Chocolate & Orange Madeleines
Makes about 18 madeleine cookies
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup melted butter
zest from one orange
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the eggs and sugar together a few minutes on medium-high speed until lightened in color. On lower speed, add in the salt and vanilla. The add in the dry ingredients: cocoa powder and flour. Blend slowly just until the dry ingredients begin to incorporate, then on low speed drizzle in the melted butter briefly.
- When batter is mostly combined, turn mixer off and blend in the zest by hand with a spatula, scraping down the sides and bottom to ensure batter is evenly combined but not over mixed.
- Spray madeleine pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour enough batter into each madeleine well to just fill it, do not over fill (there is enough batter for about 18 cookies).
- Bake about 7-9 minutes, until cookies are just baked through (test with a toothpick). Cool in pan a couple minutes then gently slide out onto cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess
Love the addition of orange to your madeleines.ReplyDelete
Orange and chocolate go so well together. Your madelienes are perfectly shaped.ReplyDelete
Chocolate and orange are one of my favorite combos and love it in madeleines. These look perfect and delicious.ReplyDelete