Chocolate & Orange Madeleines for #BakingBloggers
For March, our theme is Madeleines and I was pretty excited to see that theme; why? Because I bought a pan... and I'm not even sure if I've used it once yet... because this is a problem bakers have... So I was ecstatic to have an excuse to pull out that beautiful pan and give it some love!
- Acorn Madeleines with Cinnamon Sugar from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate & Orange Madeleines from Making Miracles
- Chocolate Madeleines from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggless Rose Madeleines from Magical Ingredients
- Green Chile Cornbread Madeleines from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Key Lime Madeleines from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Madeleines from Sneha's Recipe
- Pistachio Madeleines from Karen's Kitchen Stories
If you love the combination of chocolate with orange, this is a must try recipe. The cookies come out like fudge-cakey-brownie bites. Infused with beautiful orange flavor and deeply chocolatey. They are slightly dense, and absolutely delicious. The perfect bite alongside a cup of coffee or tea!
Chocolate & Orange Madeleines
Makes about 18 madeleine cookies
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup melted butter
zest from one orange
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the eggs and sugar together a few minutes on medium-high speed until lightened in color. On lower speed, add in the salt and vanilla. The add in the dry ingredients: cocoa powder and flour. Blend slowly just until the dry ingredients begin to incorporate, then on low speed drizzle in the melted butter briefly.
- When batter is mostly combined, turn mixer off and blend in the zest by hand with a spatula, scraping down the sides and bottom to ensure batter is evenly combined but not over mixed.
- Spray madeleine pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour enough batter into each madeleine well to just fill it, do not over fill (there is enough batter for about 18 cookies).
- Bake about 7-9 minutes, until cookies are just baked through (test with a toothpick). Cool in pan a couple minutes then gently slide out onto cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess