Wake Up Wrap


Dunkin Donuts has Wake Up Wraps - and I don't eat breakfast there very often but that seems to be my go to when I am there (besides a lemon filled donut, which is a given). I had a few egg whites to use up the other day, and decided to make a homemade version of their wraps - which is quick, easy, and just a few ingredients. You can of course use full eggs (not just the whites), change up the lunch meat to your favorite protein, and use whatever cheese flavor you like. I love the extra flavor browning the meat in a hot skillet adds. This was a simple, filling, and very tasty breakfast. Perfect alongside my favorite cup of coffee!


Also I am slightly obsessed with my I'd Rather Be in Bed Mug- probably my very favorite thing I received after giving the FabFitFun boxes a try. It's like they made it just for me!


Wake Up Wrap

Ingredients
1 8" flour tortilla
2 - 3 TBS shredded cheese (I used a pizza blend)
3 egg whites
salt and pepper, to taste
3 thin slices of ham lunch meat

Directions
  1. Heat a small skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg whites, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and allow to cook until well set on the bottom. Fold in half and gently turn a time or two, until eggs are completely cooked through. 
  2. Meanwhile, lay tortilla on a plate and sprinkle with cheese - microwave for about 20 seconds (just long enough to warm slightly and melt the cheese).
  3. When egg omelette is cooked, lay over melted cheese.
  4. Add ham slices to the skillet and brown gently on each side - about 20-30 seconds each side.
  5. Layer ham over the egg white omelette, roll your wrap and enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts