Wake Up Wrap
Dunkin Donuts has Wake Up Wraps - and I don't eat breakfast there very often but that seems to be my go to when I am there (besides a lemon filled donut, which is a given). I had a few egg whites to use up the other day, and decided to make a homemade version of their wraps - which is quick, easy, and just a few ingredients. You can of course use full eggs (not just the whites), change up the lunch meat to your favorite protein, and use whatever cheese flavor you like. I love the extra flavor browning the meat in a hot skillet adds. This was a simple, filling, and very tasty breakfast. Perfect alongside my favorite cup of coffee!
Also I am slightly obsessed with my I'd Rather Be in Bed Mug- probably my very favorite thing I received after giving the FabFitFun boxes a try. It's like they made it just for me!
Wake Up Wrap
1 8" flour tortilla
2 - 3 TBS shredded cheese (I used a pizza blend)
3 egg whites
salt and pepper, to taste
3 thin slices of ham lunch meat
- Heat a small skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg whites, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and allow to cook until well set on the bottom. Fold in half and gently turn a time or two, until eggs are completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, lay tortilla on a plate and sprinkle with cheese - microwave for about 20 seconds (just long enough to warm slightly and melt the cheese).
- When egg omelette is cooked, lay over melted cheese.
- Add ham slices to the skillet and brown gently on each side - about 20-30 seconds each side.
- Layer ham over the egg white omelette, roll your wrap and enjoy!