We ate this chili while camping recently! It was tasty! Served over camp potatoes one night, and a roasted hot dog with cheddar cheese another night.
We cooked this ahead of time and took it with us to the cabin in ziploc bags - such a great camp dish! Super easy to reheat over the gas stove and a hearty and filling cozy dish for a cool fall evening.
Beefy Chili adapted from Damn Delicious
1 1/2 lbs chuck roast, diced into small bite sized pieces
1 lb ground beef
4 15-oz cans of beans, rinsed and drained (your choice, we use a mix of pinto, northern, and black)
2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
1 15-oz can tomato sauce
2 medium onions, diced
4 TBS chili powder
2 TBS minced garlic
1 tsp salt (more to taste)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
For serving: cheese, rice, crackers, cornbread, sour cream, etc.
- Brown the chuck roast in a large skillet, heated with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper while browning (5-8 minutes).
- Dump roast and all juices into a large crock pot.
- Add the ground beef and diced onion to the pot and brown the meat and onions for about 5-7 minutes. Pour with all juice into the crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours, or high for about 4. Check the doneness of the mean and onions, cook additional time if necessary. Adjust seasonings as desired and serve.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)