#MuffinMonday ~ Mini Cheesecakes
Welcome to the October 2019 edition of #MuffinMonday! #MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page. Our hostess is Stacy of Food Lust People Love.
Palatable Pastime suggested we bake something other than muffins (anything!) in our muffin tins - there are so many fun muffin cup recipes out there! I did a quick search and decided on mini cheesecakes. I've used my muffin tins regularly for a couple variations of egg cups - but this was new for me. Plus I don't hardly ever make anything cheesecake - this seemed like a "safe" way for me to try another cheesecake recipe out! And I'm so glad that I did.
This is the perfect cheesecake recipe - super simple to pull together, and so cute in presentation! Top as you'd like (if you want toppings). I thought the flavor and texture were really perfect. I don't think they "need" anything, but if you want to fill the slight indentation that forms as they cool - feel free to add some lemon curd, whipped cream, fresh strawberries, etc. before serving!
See all of the fun Rogue Muffin recipes being shared today:
Mini Cheesecakes from Sally's Baking Addiction
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 full sheet graham crackers)
2 TBS butter, melted
1 TBS granulated sugar
1 8-oz block full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 large egg, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 9-10 liners in a cupcake tin (will not need all 12 cups).
- Combine the crust ingredients in a medium bowl until evenly blended.
- Distribute crust ingredients between the lined cups and press them down into the bottom until flat and well pressed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the softened cream cheese with the sugar until creamy and well blended (about 1 minute). Scrape down sides as needed. Add in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Blend again, scraping down sides as needed, for another minute until smooth. On medium speed, add in the egg and blend in.
- Distribute filling among the slightly baked crusts and return to the oven for 18-20 minutes. Cheesecake filling should be puffed up with only a slight jiggle in their centers.
- Cool and top with fresh strawberries, lemon curd, homemade whipped cream, caramel, sauce, etc. if desired.