#FantasticalFoodFight ~ The Best Ever Classic Pumpkin Bread
This is yet another pumpkin bread recipe - I have a lot of variations on the blog already (this and banana bread - my go-to's!) but this one intrigued me with the use of cream. And it adds a serious tenderness to the texture of this bread. It is lightly spiced (you could certainly amp up the cinnamon, add some nutmeg, etc. if you like) but it's just cozy and warm and calls for sweaters, and falling leaves, and Hallmark channel, and some tea... it's really fall in a loaf and I love this recipe! It's definitely a keeper!
The Best Ever Classic Pumpkin Bread from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 (15-oz.) can pure pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 TBS vanilla
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two loaf pans with non-stick baking or cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the sugars, pumpkin, oil, whipping cream, vanilla, and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend on medium until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet, finishing by hand with a spatula.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake in pre-heated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack to continue cooling.