#FantasticalFoodFight ~ The Best Ever Classic Pumpkin Bread


Welcome to October's Fantastical Food Fight, hosted by Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes! This month it's all about Pumpkin! Pumpkin was the perfect choice - September was the month of apples for me (I still have a cup of apple butter that I need to use!) and I haven't had the chance to get into the pumpkin baking spirit. There are already so many amazing pumpkin ideas - I actually made a pumpkin fettuccine a little earlier in the month, but didn't get a chance to photograph it; though I'll have to give it another go soon! It was perfect with some delicious juicy steaks and yummy brussel sprouts. 



This is yet another pumpkin bread recipe - I have a lot of variations on the blog already (this and banana bread - my go-to's!) but this one intrigued me with the use of cream. And it adds a serious tenderness to the texture of this bread. It is lightly spiced (you could certainly amp up the cinnamon, add some nutmeg, etc. if you like) but it's just cozy and warm and calls for sweaters, and falling leaves, and Hallmark channel, and some tea... it's really fall in a loaf and I love this recipe! It's definitely a keeper!

 

The Best Ever Classic Pumpkin Bread from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Despite a Whiskered Accomplice

Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 (15-oz.) can pure pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 TBS vanilla
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two loaf pans with non-stick baking or cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Combine the sugars, pumpkin, oil, whipping cream, vanilla, and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend on medium until well combined.
  3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  4. Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet, finishing by hand with a spatula.
  5. Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake in pre-heated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack to continue cooling.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Comments

  1. Lovely looking pumpkin bread! I love Colleen's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts