#Choctoberfest ~ Eggless Chocolate Cookies
Welcome to day five of #Choctoberfest! See the Welcome Post here to check out all the fantastic bloggers participating this year, and see the INCREDIBLE giveaway linked towards the end of that post (SO much good stuff)! A big shout out to our hostess Allison of Triple Chocolate Kitchen - she brought together an all-star cast of over 70 bloggers this year who are sharing OODLES of gooey, decadent, drool-worthy chocolate recipes with you this week - we're wrapping up tomorrow so PLEASE make sure to enter the giveaway today - you don't want to miss these incredible sponsor giveaways! One of our sponsors is Imperial Sugar / Dixie Crystals, and I am lucky enough to get to work with them this year! Their sugar products are impeccable. I always have perfect results - and have used everything from their brown sugar, to powdered sugar, and of course tons (possibly literally) of their granulated sugars. In addition to some product to use in recipe development this year, look at the cute baking mat they sent! Perfect for this cookie recipe.
Also - for more giveaway fun, check out Imperial Sugar's Scary Scramble contest!! It's running through Oct. 20th - enter to win daily! I can't wait to see what everyone is sharing today!
So what's a blogger to do when she's decided to bake... but has no eggs in the house... she looks up eggless chocolate recipes and is spoiled for choice! There were so many different delicious recipes to choose from, but these really drew my eye. I loved the crackly tops and the description of the fudgy interiors. And let me tell you, they do NOT disappoint. They are so delicious. You could definitely call these brownie cookies. Divine with a cold glass of milk. Definitely give these a try soon!!
Eggless Chocolate Cookies from brithebaker on Food.com
1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
2 tablespoons oil
3⁄4 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
3 tablespoons water
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup flour
1⁄3 cup cocoa
- Cream the softened butter, oil, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until creamy and light in color (scrape down sides as needed). Blend in the water.
- Combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, flour, and cocoa in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet, just until combined (dough will be very wet). Finish mixing by hand and cover bowl with saran wrap (or place dough in a tupperware with lid) and refrigerate for at least an hour before proceeding.
- When dough is sufficiently chilled, prep a baking sheet with a silpat and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out small balls (dough should make about 24 small cookies or 12-18 larger ones) and place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes on baking sheet before carefully removing to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Dough will spread if not very chilled. Refrigerate any unused dough between batches as needed.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Those chocolate cookies look delicious. I love eggless baking - so much more convenient AND you can lick the batter clean afterwards without thinking :-)ReplyDelete