#FishFridayFoodies ~ Tomato Basil Poached Fish
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
This was a WONDERFUL fish recipe - so quick and easy and beautifully flavored. The tomatoes are delightfully juicy, and a lovely accompaniment to the tender, flaky fish. We served this alongside some quinoa (also cooked with chicken broth and a splash of white wine!) This is the perfect dinner for a weeknight - but it's special enough for a nicer dinner too. It's the "jeans" of recipes - dress it up or down. :) I will absolutely make this one again - soon!
Check out all the tasty #FishFridayFoodies being shared today:
- Chamomile-Poached Sand Dabs with Candy Caps from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Herb Butter Poached Wild Salmon from Food Lust People Love
- Poached Cod Cantonese-Style with Chiles from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Poached Prawn Cocktail from Sneha's Recipe
- Poached Salmon with Bourbon Cream Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Poached Sole with Caper Sauce from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Tomato Basil Poached Fish from Making Miracles
- Tomato Poached Cod over Egg Noodles from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Tomato Basil Poached Fish adapted from The Healthy Foodie
4 6-oz white fish fillets (I chose cod)
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
3 tsp minced garlic
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup dry white wine
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 TBS basil paste (I prefer Gourmet Garden)
- Add tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper to a large pot - cook over medium heat until they begin to break down (a few minutes). Add in all remaining ingredients (laying fish fillets on top). Cover with a lid and simmer 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked all the way through.