Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas slightly adapted from tinatan1713 on AllRecipes
2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
6 (10 inch) tortillas
1 - 1.5 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut several slashes into each sweet potato.
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Mash the hot sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet (or quesadilla maker) over medium heat. Warm the black beans in a bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Lay one tortilla in the pre-heated skillet and sprinkle with enough cheese to cover the bottom (to taste - appx. 1/3 cup). Layer with 1/3 of the mashed sweet potatoes and sprinkle on 1/3 of the black beans. Sprinkle on a little more cheese if desired, then top with another tortilla. Cook for a few minutes, until browned and then carefully flip, and brown remaining side.
- When browned and heated through, move to a cutting board and then dice into wedges.
- Top with salsa, or serve as a dip on the side.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)