Homemade Baby Food ~ Peach Puree
Another super simple and delicious puree for your little one! This made the house smell so good, and Lindsey loves it! It whips up nice and frothy, and is a tasty and healthy addition to your baby's diet; this is considered a "Stage 1" food and is suggested to be introduced between 4-6 months. Read more about Nectarines and Peaches as Stage 1 foods on Wholesome Baby Food.
I think I ended up with about 11 ounces of peach puree from the 7 peaches I used.
7 - 8 ripe peaches
- Fill a large pot with about 1 inch of water.
- Scrub the peaches clean and carve an X into one side of the peach (see first small photo where I'm holding the peach with an "X" carved into it).
- Place X side down in the pan of water, and bring the water to a boil. Steam the peaches until very tender (about 10 - 15 minutes, you can check with a fork occasionally).
- With a slotted spoon remove the peaches into a bowl and allow them to cool (they will be VERY hot and difficult to handle otherwise!)
- When cool enough to handle comfortably, remove the skins and the pit and place fruits in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, and add in liquid that has pooled in the bowl and / or cooking liquid to thin to desired consistency.
|Sweet baby girl! She was squealing at the puppy that came in the room to visit. :)|