Homemade Baby Food ~ Chicken Dinner



I started branching out a little from the single ingredient purees finally and introducing more protein into Lindsey's meal rotation. This one worked out very well, and Lindsey seems to really enjoy it! She didn't like it much the first time, but has eaten it happily since then. This one will probably need at least a half cup of liquid to thin since you're adding in chicken - I used the water from the potatoes I had just boiled for this meal. You can use whatever potatoes you want - sweet, Yukon, gold, red, etc. I used red potatoes since that's what we had on hand.

Lindsey has not been a big fan of the green bean puree I made a couple weeks ago, so I've been trying to find ways to incorporate them into other things so she might like them better and thought some chicken and potatoes might be a good combination - and it seems to be a good one! I added a sprinkling of garlic powder to the mixture as well. I am slowly trying to introduce her to spices / seasonings as I move towards being able to share what I am eating with her in the next few months!

This freezes fine, but it will be very rubbery when you thaw - you need to reconstitute / reheat it in a saucepan on low heat on the stove, stirring until the ingredients blend together into a smooth consistency again. You may want to add a little additional fruit / veggie puree and / or water, breast milk, or formula if needed to thin.

The first time I fed this to her and she wasn't liking it, I added some applesauce to it and that seemed to help - you could even add an apple to the mixture (cook with the potatoes) if desired, for a sweeter flavor.

Chicken Dinner

Ingredients
6 oz chicken, baked and diced into 1" cubes
3 oz green bean puree
2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced, and boiled until tender (about 10 - 15 minutes)
Seasoning - garlic powder (optional - as much / little as you're comfortable adding)

Directions
  1. Use a slotted spoons and remove the boiled potatoes from the water and place them into a blender. Add in the diced, cooked chicken and green bean puree.
  2. Cover and blend until mixture reaches desired consistency, using water (you can use the water you boiled the potatoes in) to thin if needed.

Comments

  1. Sounds tasty! My little one is almost one, so she's completely off purees and onto finger foods - she'd love the grabable version of this meal with chicken pieces and potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts