Secret Recipe Club: Chicken Parmesan Hero
It's the May edition of Secret Recipe Club and I am excited to share this tasty treat from Homemade Cravings. SOOOO many yummy things you can find at this wonderful website full of family friendly meals. You will easily find something you will enjoy making and serving for you and your family here! The author of this terrific blog is a New Jersey stay at home mom to 4 kiddos, and you can see a glimpse into their lives through the wonderful recipes she shares on her website.
I opted to make Chicken Parmesan Heroes (using the Chicken Parmesan Tenders recipe as well). Some of the other items I bookmarked to make later include: Chicken Enchiladas, Garlic Bread Steak Sandwiches, and Crispy Honey Pork!
These sandwiches are so good! You can't go wrong with tender, flavorful breaded chicken topped with sauce and cheese and sandwiched between a baguette. It is a wonderful combination, and these were eaten happily and quickly in our house! My son wanted the leftovers as soon as it was lunch the next day - he had to fight me for them though. These are a great addition for the quick weeknight meals as well.
Chicken Parmesan Hero Sandwiches
1 lb chicken breast, pounded thin
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs (or 1 cup plain breadcrumbs or crushed crackers with 1 TBS Italian seasoning and 1/2 TBS garlic powder)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 - 4 oz sliced cheese (Swiss, mozzarella, Monterrey jack, etc.)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a bowl and let sit 15 minutes (or longer in the fridge).
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Dip chicken pieces in bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy on top.
- Meanwhile, slice baguette into sandwich sized pieces and slice lengthwise.
- When chicken is done baking, pull out of the oven and spread sauce over the tops and cover with sliced cheese. Put back into the oven and bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Put bread into the oven at the same time to toast (remove after about 5 minutes, or when lightly toasted and heated through).
- Cut chicken to size if needed (so it will fit on the baguette). Layer chicken on bottom half of baguette and top with the other half. Serve immediately (serve with a side of spaghetti sauce to dip in if desired).
|Lindsey is 8 months old! My sippy cup sweetie. :)|
Chicken Parm sandwiches are my favorite special treat lunch. So good! Great pick!ReplyDelete
It's been decades since I had a meatball sandwich, and your version is simply perfect!ReplyDelete
your baby picture was the icing on a beautiful cake... ;-)
Doesn't this sound like the perfect summer supper!!ReplyDelete
Chicken parm is a favorite around here. I love that you made it into a sandwich. Perfect for a quick dinner. Great pick this month :)ReplyDelete
Chicken parm is the best! These sandwiches looks amazing :) Happy reveal day.ReplyDelete
Chicken Parm! THAT'S what I want for dinner! Great SRC pick!ReplyDelete
Mmmm these look delicious!! Love chicken parm, ESPECIALLY when it's sandwiched in some nice, crunchy bread!ReplyDelete
Yum! I will definitely have to try this. Great pick!ReplyDelete
I love the idea of chicken parm tenders in a sandwich like this. My husband would love these!!ReplyDelete
That looks incredibly delicious. And so does your sippy cup baby =)ReplyDelete
Nothing better than a delicious sandwich in my book! Super great pick for SRC :-)ReplyDelete
Ooh, Chicken Parm is my favorite! These sandwiches look delicious. Great choice for SRC!ReplyDelete
Oh, I love chicken parm and this sandwich looks SO good. What an awesome meal! I so wish I had one in front of me right now. =)ReplyDelete
Thanks Rebekah, you Chicken Parm Heros look great - in fact I think I need to make them again soon!ReplyDelete
This looks really tasty and perfect to bring on a picnic or for eating out in the garden when the weather improves. Lindsey is super cute! Happy belated SRC reveal day.ReplyDelete
Sensational, Rebekah. I love Chicken Parmesan, and turning it into a seriously good sandwich is inspired. Great choice.ReplyDelete
What a tasty sandwich! Stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds if you get a chance. :)ReplyDelete
ooo great SRC pick. Love those sandwiches.ReplyDelete