Your pregnancy: 15 weeks

How your baby's growing:


Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
I think its so funny that they compare baby size to food in all of these updates - especially for poor pregnant ladies who already spend so much of their waking time thinking about food... now you want to eat the thing the child growing inside you has just been compared to...!! YIKES!! That's not right!! Ok, I don't really want to eat an apple right this second. But you can bet when I open my fridge when I get home and see the drawer full of apples, I'll be thinking - "Hey, baby bean is about that big right now!!"

I am praying I'm about to the size now that people realize I'm actually pregnant and not just gaining weight all in my stomach. I wore a dress today that makes the bump pretty obvious and I hope a bunch of people aren't walking around thinking "MAN, Rebekah needs to loose some weight"! :D If they are, sigh, oh well my bruised ego will have to deal.

It is amazing to be at our 15 week point, and to realize we only have another 4 days left in the month of May! June is almost here!! Next week we have Monday off for Memorial Day and then I'm taking Friday off for Kent's 5th Grade Graduation ceremony!! Ack!! I can't believe my baby is going to be in Middle School in a couple short months!!

I'm so tired - I've not been sleeping well at all this whole week and apparently I keep waking Kenneth up to. I had a really hard time getting comfortable and keep waking up on my back which I'm not supposed to be sleeping on anymore. Not sure what the deal is, but if it keeps up I'll definitely have to ask my OB about it at the next appointment. Two more weeks 'til our next sneak peek! Yay! :D

Comments

Popular Posts