Rustic Peaches and Cream for #FarmersMarketWeek
Welcome to #FarmersMarketWeek! We're taking the full week to share beautiful recipes with you inspired by ingredients that you can enjoy at your local Farmer's Markets; and this is the perfect time of year to really let the fresh fruits and veggies shine. There are some beautiful ingredients I have been picking up each week at our local markets and farms, and I can't wait to see what the other participating bloggers are serving up for inspiration!
I bought a bunch of beautiful fresh peaches from a local farm not too long ago, and of course immediately started looking for inspiration via the internet for best new ways to enjoy fresh peaches. This simple and rustic recipe popped up on my radar and got me thinking about the term "peaches and cream" that you hear so often to describe someone's complexion, or a flavor of ice cream, etc. But this is the original peaches and cream - simple, and absolutely stunning. The richness of the cream blends so beautifully with the bright, fresh flavor of the peaches, accentuated just slightly with a kiss of cinnamon and sugar. It doesn't get any easier than this - and I will eat this every time I get a new batch of fresh peaches! You could pour this mixture over some warm oatmeal too - for a perfectly creamy peaches and cream oatmeal or cream of wheat breakfast!
Thursday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Green Beans with Poblano Peppers by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner by Family Around the Table
- Marinated Vegetable Sandwiches by Kate's Recipe Box
- Peach Cherry Protein Smoothie by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Red Wine Herb Marinara Sauce by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Rustic Peaches and Cream by Making Miracles
Rustic Peaches and Cream
1 large fresh peach, pitted and sliced
1/4 - 1/2 cup half and half (or milk, or cream)
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Place your sliced peaches in a bowl, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Pour on the half and half (or cream / milk - whichever you prefer). You can use more / less liquid based on your preference / how creamy you want the mixture.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill / meld (if you can wait)!
Recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
This would be great for breakfast or dessert! I think my kids will love it too.ReplyDelete
So simple yet so decadent and delicious. A perfect way to highlight summer peaches.ReplyDelete