Barbecue Shrimp and Cheesy Grits for #feedyourbeast
Welcome to #feedyourbeast! We were given the opportunity to do some recipe testing with some delicious sauces from Bar-B-Que Beast! I was sent two tasty sauces to try, and opted to use the "original" in this dish. Sweet, no heat is definitely my favorite barbecue sauce flavor! Their Carolina sauce is also fantastic, and I can't wait to share a dish or two featuring the slightly tangier version with you later!
- Curry Barbecue Chickpea and Eggplant Tacos by Savory Moments
- Barbecue Seafood Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Curry Barbecue Chicken by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Southern BBQ Tri Tip Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy BBQ Diablo Chicken by Cookaholic Wife
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings by Books n’ Cooks
- Barbecue Shrimp and Cheesy Grits By Making Miracles
- On the Bay Bar-B-Cue Crab Dip By Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Air Fryer Chicken Fingers with BBQ Yogurt dipping sauce By Simple and Savory
- Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken with BBQ Dipping Sauce By Kate’s Recipe Box
Bar-B-Que Beast is running a sale on all their sauces until Saturday, August 15th! Visit their site at https://barbquebeast.com/ to check them out and get yours!
This dish is saucy, cheesy, and hearty! Those bright bites of saucy barbecue atop the super cheesy rich grits is perfection. Super simple, this is a delicious way to "south your mouth". My sister and I have decided we were born to be southern based on our taste preferences! Cheesy grits are always a favorite, and they are so much better with this sweet and tangy saucy shrimp!
Barbecue Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
1 lb peeled and de-veined uncooked shrimp, thawed if from frozen
1/2 cup Original Bar-B-Que Beast sauce
1 cup grits
2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
- Bring water, chicken broth, salt, and garlic powder to a boil. Add the uncooked shrimp and simmer about 3 minutes, until they turn pink. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon, place them in a medium bowl and coat with the barbecue sauce; set aside.
- Whisk the grits into the simmering water until it begins to thicken. Add in the butter and cheese, turning heat off and stirring until it reaches the texture you prefer (simmer longer if needed to thicken, or thin with a touch of chicken broth or water if it is too thick).
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Serve the saucy barbecue shrimp over a scoop of cheesy grits.
Disclaimer: I was provided product to sample, all views and opinions stated are my own.