Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles for #BackToSchoolTreats
This was a lovely treat and special way to start the day! I made a big breakfast platter, featuring these crispy tender blueberry studded waffles, some crispy bacon, and delicious cheesy scrambled eggs.
These waffles keep well in the oven between batches, and then you can serve them all up at one time when they're ready. I had some leftover buttermilk syrup that we served these with. If you've never had buttermilk syrup - make a batch soon! It keeps well in the refrigerator for awhile.
Sprinkling the finished waffles with a few more fresh blueberries is a great way to top these! Some fresh bananas or strawberries would also work well - add some whipped cream if you really want to take them over the top.
See all of our Friday Back to School Treat recipes!
Butterbeer Milkshakes by The Redhead Baker
Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Making Miracles
Mini Cinnamon Rolls by Family Around the Table
Air Fryer Pizza Toast by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Kabobs by Blogghetti
Popcorn Snack Bars by Kate's Recipe Box
Lemon Oatmeal Sugar Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Mango Snacking Cake by Palatable Pastime
Trail Mix Fudge by Sweet Recipeas
Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries (6 ounces), plus more for serving
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees (to keep waffles warm after cooking).
- Heat your waffle maker, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing just until combined. Batter should be fairly thick.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Fill the waffle maker (amount of batter will depend on the size of your waffle maker). Cook to your desired crispiness, place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Spray the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray again, add batter, and continue adding finished waffles to the baking sheet until all are done and ready to serve.
- Serve with your preferred toppings: buttermilk syrup, maple syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, fresh blueberries, etc.
** Would you like to share this recipe on your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to link to Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! **