Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie for #FarmersMarketWeek
Welcome to #FarmersMarketWeek! We're taking the full week to share beautiful recipes with you inspired by ingredients that you can enjoy at your local Farmer's Markets; and this is the perfect time of year to really let the fresh fruits and veggies shine. There are some beautiful ingredients I have been picking up each week at our local markets and farms, and I can't wait to see what the other participating bloggers are serving up for inspiration!
If you have some cantaloupe and bananas - combine them for a quick, easy, and delicious smoothie to start the day! We were given a very ripe cantaloupe by my dad, and I happened to have an adorable bunch of ripening apple bananas, so I thought combining them all with a splash of orange juice and ice might be a great way to share the fruit with everyone (my family will pretty much drink anything I blend up, but getting them to eat fresh fruit before it goes bad is sometimes a challenge - depending on the week.... or the hour...).
Wednesday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers by Books n' Cooks
- Cheesy Tomato and Squash Casserole by Blogghetti
- Corn and Bacon Casserole by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Farmer's Market Tortellini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garlic Scape Pesto by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Raspberry Buckle by Savory Moments
- Mexican Street Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Mushroom Ceviche by The Freshman Cook
- Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie by Making Miracles
- Blackened Steak Cobb Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pesto Chicken Lasagna by The Spiffy Cookie
- Root Beer Float Smoothie Popsicles by Our Sutton Place
Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie
2 cups fresh cantaloupe, diced
1 small banana (I used 2 "apple bananas" from the Farmer's Market)
1 cup orange juice
handful (about 3/4 cup) ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Makes about 25 ounces - good for two servings.