Instant Pot Minestrone Soup for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
Ohhh this was a good one! We loved this fresh tasting, veggie packed soup which whips up quickly in the instant pot. It's kind of a treasure hunt looking for the bits of melted Parmesan cheese rind - that was a delicious touch. And add as much or as little Parmesan on top when serving for a little extra rich, salty, cheesy flavor. It's wonderful without as well though. Leftovers reheat well too - what more can you ask for!
This is a great lunch or light dinner; make it a little more substantial by serving with a slice of thick toasted homemade bread or a roll to sop up the hearty, flavorful broth.
Multicooker Monday August 2020:
Recipes using Small Kitchen Appliances
- Crockpot Lo Mein from Veggies First Then Dessert
- Cheesy Chicken Chili - Instant Pot from Food Lust People Love
- Instant Pot Pasta and Cheese with Cauliflower from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup from Making Miracles
- Potato & Dal Khichdi - Pressure Cooker from Sneha's Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lechon Asado from Palatable Pastime
- Toaster Oven Roasted Salted Almonds from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Zucchini Chips from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried ground fennel
2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
6 cups chicken broth
2 (14-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 (16-ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed (or your preferred bean)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 (3-inch) Parmesan rind
1 bay leaf
6-oz baby spinach
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute mode. Heat the olive oil, and add in the chopped carrots, celery, and onion. Saute, stirring occasionally, for about 5-8 minutes, until veggies are beginning to brown and become tender. Add in the minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add in the dried basil, oregano, fennel, salt, and pepper. Stir another minute.
- Add in most of the remaining ingredients: chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans, zucchini, Parmesan rind, and bay leaf.
- Stir gently to ensure ingredients are mixed and covered in the broth and set your instant pot to pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the cycle has completed, quick release. When fully vented, stir in the baby spinach until wilted (a minute or two). Add in the red wine vinegar. Stir, taste, and add additional salt / pepper as desired.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Ladle into bowls and top with some freshly grated Parmesan to serve.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
One of my favorite soups. Can't wait to try it in the Instant Pot.ReplyDelete
I adore minestrone. This one in the Instant Pot is a must try! I love the cheese on top too.ReplyDelete
What a delicious and chessy soup this is , love it.ReplyDelete