Strawberry Basil Lemonade for #ImprovCookingChallenge
For June's #ImprovCookingChallenge we were given the ingredients of Strawberries and Basil to combine in a recipe. As usual, the options were endless but I stumbled over a few lemonade variations and decided that was the way I wanted to go.
Find our group on Facebook if you're interested in joining in the fun; Nicole from Cookaholic Wife hosts our group!
Come see all of our delicious Strawberry and Basil recipes!
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade by Making Miracles
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Strawberry Basil Topping by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Basil Crumb Bars by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Strawberry Lemon Basil Pasta Salad by Sneha's Recipe
- Strawberry Basil Avocado Toast by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Basil Smoothies by Our Good Life
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash by Cookaholic Wife
If you adore the flavor of basil as much as I do - definitely give this recipe a try! I will say, it's fairly heavy on the "herby" flavor, and you might want to start small and amp up the flavor if you're not sure how you'll like basil in your beverage. It's a great base to play with too - add additional lemonade flavors to it, use it in a cocktail, add some strawberry seltzer water; there are a lot of great ways to enjoy this delicious lemonade! You can freeze it into popsicles too!
The syrup makes a fair amount - so we actually mixed and matched this a lot of different ways, testing it out and enjoying it. It absolutely taste of summer - and is a wonderful way to enjoy some gorgeous fresh strawberries in a bright summery drink!
15 cups water, divided
2 cups sugar
1 pound strawberries, greens removed and sliced at least into quarters
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cups fresh lemon juice
Ice, for serving
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, boil until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the strawberries and basil and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, Strain out the solids.
- Add the strawberry / basil syrup to 14 cups of water and the lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add ice and fresh slices of strawberry and lemon to serve, if desired.
Recipe from Paula Deen
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **
Super summer cool drink, love it!ReplyDelete
This sounds deliciously refreshing. Can't wait to serve it up poolside.ReplyDelete
I love strawberry lemonade, it definitely taste like summer. I like your idea of turning it into popsicles!ReplyDelete