Mississippi Pot Roast with Veggies for #BrunchWeek
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2020 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures! This is our 8th year of #BrunchWeek and while it is a little different this year, 22 bloggers are excited to share all our favorite Brunch recipes. We have a huge variety including French toast, danish, waffles, pancakes, hash, fruit salad, cocktails, mocktails, vegan, keto, and plenty of desserts! We hope you enjoy all our Brunch recipes!
I wanted to offer some "heartier" #BrunchWeek options in addition to recipes like my French Toast Casserole, and tomorrow will be deliciously fluffy egg and cheese souffle. But if you might like have some thing more filling, or your brunch spread is occurring a little closer to lunch - definitely give this gorgeous roast platter a try.
This was such a delicious filling meal! I loved the way the buttery tangy sauce infused into the meat and all of the veggies that cooked in it. It gave such great flavor to every component in this dish. That brine from the banana peppers make a huge difference.
I am the biggest spice / pepper wimp in the world; so I am VERY glad I finally tried banana peppers years ago. It was probably at Subway, on my sandwich - and oh I've been addicted to them ever since!
The banana peppers are so mild, but have such great tang! It just adds that little extra "something" to whatever you put them on. For me, it's usually Italian sandwiches, or Hawaiian pizza. Those are my two go-two favorites for banana peppers. I have a go-to pot roast recipe, but this one is definitely going into rotation as a favorite. I loved the flavor, and can't wait until we have another roast in need of cooking!
- Bourbon Peach Sweet Tea by Love & Confections
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins by The Nifty Foodie
- Breakfast Gnocchi by Simply Healthyish Recipes
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola by The Spiffy Cookie
- Pretzel Brat Buns by Making Miracles
- Strawberry Overnight Oats by The Mandatory Mooch
- Vegan Breakfast Toast Three Ways by Happily Curated Chaos
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Grits by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
- Mississippi Pot Roast with Veggies by Making Miracles
- Do-It-Yourself Crepe Bar by The Redhead Baker
- Earl Grey Macaron by April Golightly
- Keto Fudge by Keto Basic AF
Mississippi Pot Roast with Veggies
2.5-3 lbs chuck roast
1/2 cup juice from a jar of banana peppers
1/2 cup chopped banana peppers
2 TBS ranch dressing mix
1 packet au jus mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 15-oz can beef broth
5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1-2 large onions, peeled and quartered
6 medium carrots, peeled and diced into large pieces (about 4 pieces per carrot)
1/2 a medium head of cabbage, cored and cut into small wedges
- Place the prepped veggies (except for the cabbage) in the bottom of a large (6-qt minimum) crock pot. Place the roast atop the veggies.
- Sprinkle the au jus packet and dry ranch seasoning over the top. Pour in the juice from the banana peppers, along with the banana peppers sprinkled all over. Place the stick of butter along the side of the meat.
- Pour the can of broth over everything, and set the crock pot to high.
- After about 4 hours, check roast, and flip it over so that any seasonings unblended in will be in the liquid to absorb.
- About 2 hours before you want to eat, place the cabbage over the top of the roast (or remove the meat, add the cabbage so that it is more submerged in the liquid, and top with the meat).
- Cook a total of about 6-8 hours on high (be sure to check the "doneness" at 4 hours, if your crock pot cooks hotter than mine, you may need to turn temp down to low at this point)!
Recipe adapted from Belle of the Kitchen
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **