Classic Bundt Meatloaf for #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Come see all of our meatloaf bundts for June:
- Beef Veal & Pork Meatloaf Bundtlets from Sweet Sensations
- Classic Bundt Meatloaf from Making Miracles
- Dates, Peanuts Meatloaf Bundt from Patyco Candy Bar
- Homemade French Onion Soup Bundt Meatloaf with Ham & Sausage from Sneha's Recipe
- Mini meatloaves with Strawberry Rhubarb Glaze from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salmon Shrimp Loaf from Food Lust People Love
Using your bundt pan to make meatloaf can be fun for something different - I loved the flavor profile of this meatloaf. Using the food processor to blend in the onion and bacon resulted in an incredibly juicy, flavorful meat loaf! The texture was very soft, so this had to be handled very gently and I think doing bundt meatloaf in a mini pan would probably be a much easier way of handling this! The presentation is fun - you end up with a beautiful ring molded loaf to share and serve!
Classic Bundt Meatloaf
1/2 cup cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
8 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
2 large eggs
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp fine salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup BBQ sauce or ketchup, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the cracker or breadcrumbs and the milk to soak.
- Use your food processor to break down the onion until it is very finely diced along with the minced garlic. Add in the coarsely chopped bacon and process again on pulse then up to high very briefly until fully combined with the onion and very finely chopped.
- Gently blend the eggs into the milk and crumb mixture. Now add in all remaining ingredients, except for BBQ / ketchup, to the large bowl with the eggs and crumb mixture.
- Use your hands to fully blend the meatloaf until evenly combined.
- Spray a 9-cup bundt pan with cooking spray and spread the meat mixture in the bundt pan, spreading until even.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drain off all excess liquid as best you can.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and gently turn the bundt over on top of the foil to turn out the meatloaf. Allow juices to pool, and drain again before proceeding (the meat loaf will be fairly soft in consistency, so handle as gently as possible).
- Spread the 1/2 cup of BBQ or ketchup over the top of the bundt meat loaf, spreading with a pastry brush or spoon to evenly coat.
- Return to the oven and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional ketchup / BBQ sauce if desired.
Recipe from The Kitchn
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **