Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad for #BrunchWeek
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2020 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures! This is our 8th year of #BrunchWeek and while it is a little different this year, 22 bloggers are excited to share all our favorite Brunch recipes. We have a huge variety including French toast, danish, waffles, pancakes, hash, fruit salad, cocktails, mocktails, vegan, keto, and plenty of desserts! We hope you enjoy all our Brunch recipes!
In addition to all the standard breakfast fare, I wanted to look at some side dishes and main dishes this week - so today it's a wonderfully delicious Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad. This was a fantastic pasta salad absolutely loaded with vegetables and a wonderfully tangy Greek vinaigrette! It would be completely perfect for your brunch table alongside some mini sandwiches and other salads. The leftovers keep well and are great straight from the fridge!
I loved this combination of ingredients - the dressing is well balanced, and the flavors and textures complement each other so well! It tastes of summer to me.
There's nothing quite like a chilled pasta veggie salad that you can serve as a side, or add a protein and make an entree! I love the flexibility of dishes like this. We chose to add in chopped chicken, but you can certainly omit for a veggie side dish.
Come see all our #BrunchWeek offerings for today!
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Blueberry Bread Pudding by Big Bears Wife
- Buttermilk Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Banana Muffins by The Mandatory Mooch
- Cinnamon Crunch French Toast by The Nifty Foodie
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Pear Chocolate Chip Sourdough Muffins by Caroline's Cooking
- Sourdough Belgian-Style Waffles by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Scones by Kate's Recipe Box
- Vegan Anise French Toast by Happily Curated Chaos
- Bacon, Brie & Asparagus Quiche by Sweet Beginnings
- Breakfast Tostadas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Gyro Omelette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
- Keto Macarons by Keto Basic AF
- Lemon Macarons Recipe by April Golightly
- Pasta Frola (Argentinian Lattice Tart) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Sprinkle Biscotti by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad
Broccoli Pasta Salad
4 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound pasta (I used rotini)
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium cucumber, diced
½ cup kalamata olives sliced
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
½ cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil, and add the pasta. Cook for about 6-7 minutes an then add in the chopped broccoli florets and cook for another 5-6 minutes until broccoli is crisp-tender, and pasta is tender.
- Drain all in a large colander and rinse with cold water until cooled. Pour pasta and broccoli into a large mixing bowl and add in all remaining pasta salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, or a Mason Jar, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk or shake until well combined and creamy.
- Pour dressing over the prepped pasta salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
- OPTIONAL: Reserve the cheese, and serve it sprinkled over the top instead of mixed in.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **