Easy One-Pan Pork and Zucchini Dinner
If you're looking for an easy sheet pan dinner with lots of tender, well seasoned veggies and delicious slightly sweet, slightly spicy pork look no further! We loved this recipe!
The way the apple and onion cook down, it creates a really tasty base for the zucchini and really adds to the flavorful sauce everything is tossed in. This is full of flavor and a beautiful meal that won't dirty up too many pots and pans. Definitely perfect for a busy work night meal - or as a way to make a dent in that surplus of zucchini you might have on hand!
Easy One-Pan Pork and Zucchini Dinner adapted from Fioa on AllRecipes
1 - 1/2 lbs thin cut pork chops
3 large zucchini, sliced in rounds
2 apples, cut into 1-inch wedges
1 onion, cut into thin slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dried sage
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and spread out the zucchini, apples, and onion. Spread about 2/3 of the sauce over veggie mixture and massage / toss to coat thoroughly.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with a little oil. Sprinkle the chops lightly with salt and pepper, and brown the pork chops on both sides - about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place browned chops atop prepared veggie mixture, and spread remaining sauce over chops, coating both sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, until veggies are tender, and chops are cooked through.
We made this tonight for dinner and loved the flavors! We did make a little extra sauce and reduced the baking time a little, but we're definitely keeping this on the regular rotation. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I'm so glad you enjoyed this one too! I loved the flavors in this dinner, and you can't beat sheet pan meals.Delete